refusing kisses

CTTO: somethinginthethunder

notes: the term smexy times made me laugh skdjashdj

warnings: none!

-although isa never straight up said she didn't exactly enjoy the company of her youngest sister, she still clearly showed it

-whether it was rolling her eyes at the sight of the 15 year old, or taunting her after she'd done something particularly embarrassing, you knew that your girlfriend had less than one good thing to say about poor mirabel.

-you knew that it was normal for siblings to pick on each other, but you couldn't help but pity the second youngest madrigal

-after all, she was simply trying her best as the black sheep of the family.

-one day you had gotten particularly tired of isabela's mistreatment of her, shaking your head at your girlfriend as she walked over to you.

-just seconds before she leaned in to give you a kiss she had told mirabel to "stay out of the way so she wouldn't ruin anything today."

-it was getting on your nerves at this point, so much so that you dodged her kiss moments before her attempt was successful.

-leaning back into her regular position, she quirked an eyebrow at you.

-"what was that for, mi flor?" she'd ask innocently, putting her hands on her hips and tilting her head in curiosity.

-"i'm not going to kiss you anymore," you stated.

-"what?!" she'd quietly shout, her hands dropping to her side and her face contorted into only more confusion.

-"not until you act nicer to your sister."

-the moment you said 'sister' she knew exactly what you were talking about. however, she thought she could get away with a little denial.

-"but i am nice to luisa! i've never said anything rude?" she claims.

-"you know who i'm talking about, isa," was the only reaction you'd give her.

-she'd sigh softly and try to give you a kiss on the cheek to see if you were actually serious, and it turned out you were.

-"come on!! she literally can't do anything right, why is that my problem?" she whined, leaning her head back to look at the ceiling.

-"my love, she's a kid. and more importantly, a madrigal-born kid who wasn't given a gift. cut her some slack, okay?" you reasoned with her, placing a hand on her shoulder gently.

-you'd think that she'd immediately start bowing down to mirabel the moment she'd see her next, but she still thought she could get around it.

-instead of saying passive-aggressive statements to her sister, she'd just ignore her entirely.

-you did not like that, of course. you told her to be nice to her, not to ignore her existence.

-coincidentally, the day after you told her to be nicer was the day mirabel was given the prophecy from bruno. you didn't know it, but as you were wandering the market looking for the ripest fruits, your lovely but stubborn girlfriend was slowly on her path to healing her strained relationship with mirabel.

-when her perfectly imperfect plants appeared from the ground and all around town, your first instinct was to run toward casita in case something happened to her.

-you stopped right in your tracks when you saw what was happening. there she was, dancing on the roof with mirabel, a genuine look of happiness on her face as she let the colorful plants flow around them.

-you were halfway through to getting to casita to give her the well-deserved kiss when you saw the house crumble and fall, the mood immediately changing.

-you completely forgot about the mended relationship and instead set to work helping the magical family. you had become part of the search crew to search for mirabel.

-when she arrived back home and guided the family to rebuilding their house you remembered then what had happened between her and isa.

-so while the family was busy talking and apologizing to each other, you whisked the flower girl away and gave her a big kiss, her face in your hands and body pressed against yours.

-"i could hardly believe it was you up there with her," you laughed once you pulled away, giving her one last kiss on the cheek.

-"you don't know how much i've missed your kisses," she said, pouting when you finally stopped kissing her.

-but not to worry, there was more where that came from :)