Chapter 36

𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢
"Hey, kiddo!" I shouted as Morgan ran into the building, with Pepper shortly behind her.

"Hi, daddy!" She shouted as she swung her arms around my neck for a hug.

"Hey, Cap," I called out to Steve. "Would you mind watching Morgan for a little bit so I can talk to Pepper?"

"Of course not, c'mon kid. Wanna play hide and seek?" Steve asked and Morgan eagerly nodded her head. "You know the rules right?"

"Don't go in dad's lab without an adult." She repeated the golden rule of her visiting before they both headed off.

"What are the two of you doing here?" I happily asked.

"Visiting, just wanted to check on her. See if I could say hi, maybe?" She asked.

"I'm not so sure, her memory hasn't improved yet." I replied.

"You've been working with her on it right?" She asked and I left no response. She could tell what my silence implied. "Tony, why haven't you been working with her? She needs her memories."

"I just want to go at her pace. She hasn't felt ready for it since her last outburst. I want to give her time and be patient." I explained.

"Hi guys," Natasha greeted as she approached us. "What are you doing here?"

"Pepper decided to check on project prodigy today, she didn't have anybody to babysit Morgan so she decided to bring her here," I explained. "She's playing hide and seek with Cap right now."

"Oh, well perfect. Speaking of that," She checked around us. "Y/n is refusing her session with Wanda again."

"That's fine, give her all the time she needs." I replied.

"Great. Fine. That's just... perfect." Natasha huffed, clearly annoyed with my choices, before turning around and leaving again.

"See, that's what I mean, Tony!" Pepper argued. "She's been refusing it and will continue to refuse if you don't make her work on it."

"I'm sorry, Pepper, but I'm not going to force my sister to do something she clearly isn't ready for." I argued. "I may not be her father but I'm the closest thing she has to one. What I say goes, I know what's best for her."

"Fine, but it won't get better if she doesn't work on it." She shot back.

Natasha then came running up to us in a panic. "Guys!" She shouted. "Y/n is gone, her door was open and she wasn't there. I don't know where she went."

Pepper looked at me with a face that screamed 'I told you so.' As my mind began thinking of possibilities, Steve walked up to us.

"Have any of you seen Morgan? That kid is crazy good at hide and seek. She found me so quickly and I can't find her anywhere." Steve informed us. Natasha Pepper and I were looking at each other with worried faces. "Did I miss something?" He asked.

"Y/n and Morgan are both missing somewhere in the building." I informed him.

"Hopefully still in the building, she was out of here a lot faster than this last time she ran off." Natasha reminded me.

"So let me get this straight, Tony, our daughter and somebody with an insane amount of powers and no memory are both just roaming the building right now?" Pepper asked. "She could hurt Morgan."

"She won't hurt her, my sister is not dangerous." I argued. "We should still try to find them both. Quickly. Split up."