Chapter 27

𝚈/𝚗
He was hesitant. They all were around me. I know it's a process to try to remember them but I can't do that if they hold back on me.

I looked into Dr. Banner's mind to find memories of me. I looked sluggish and angry in these memories. He was injecting something into me.

"Your nose is bleeding." He informed me

He reached his hand up with a tissue. I stopped him quickly."You experimented on me." I bluntly told him. "You injected me with something, what another serum? You're with them aren't you?!" I ran out of his lab as fast as I could. He has to be with Hydra.

I ran towards my room but before I could get there the man from before ran into me.

"Woah, what's wrong kid? You okay?" He asked kindly.

"The doctor, Dr. Banner, he's with them. He's with Hydra he used to experiment on me! I remember it!" I shouted.

"Bruce? He would never. He cares about you, he cares about all of us. He's just here to make sure you're safe. Come on I'll walk you to your room." He reassured me. I nodded my head and let him lead me to my bedroom.

I sat on the bed, breathing heavily still from running so much.

"We figured out how your memory was only partially affected and may be able to help you get it all back." He explained as he sat down next to me. "I wanted to apologize for overwhelming you earlier. I shouldn't have thrown all of that on you. Hopefully once we start getting your memory back you'll remember me again. I'd love to have my sister again."

I thought for a moment. I could just read through his memories and see what I find. I was nervous to see what I might see but I have to know if he's really my brother. I deserve to know what family I have left.

I sighed through his thoughts. I saw myself fighting them, just like I had remembered, but I seemed hurt, like I didn't want to fight them. They defeated me and captured me. I saw myself tell him I'm his sister then watched as he found proof. He began talking to the doctor from before, he was informing him of some new schedule. They were talking about me. Sedating me for the safety of others. I slept on the floor of an empty room, with Bucky at my side.

I continued looking through his memories until the voices became muffled. "I know what you're doing." I heard his voice echo. I looked up to see he was grabbing a tissue from the side table. He handed it too me to clean off my bloody nose. "Wanda told me you might try that. We discovered that's sort of become your way of feeling secure."

I glared at him angrily without saying a word. "What did you see?" He asked.

"You're my brother. Apple didn't fall far from the tree." I growled. "Get out of my room." I demanded.

"I can explain what you saw, just listen-" He began.

"GET OUT!" I shouted. He sulked before leaving my room.