1.10

1.10

Bai Zian's eyes remained close for the past few days. He is seemed to be trapped in a beautiful dream, unable to wake up. Chen Ai was currently with Bai Zian, there is a wet cloth in her hand as she wiped Bai Zian's face with it.

The corner of her eyes are red as if she had just cried, and her nose was pink. She sniffled a few times, trying to keep the tears at bay.

"Imperial Noble Consort, when are you going to wake up? It's so lonely every day, I would like to talk to you again but because you're like this, I can only speak my words without getting a reply."

"I can't seem to find happiness in anything.  His Majesty has also been feeling out of sorts; his mind is constantly racing and he becomes easily agitated. If I hadn't noticed it before, Imperial Noble Consort, I do now."

"Without you, the palace feels much colder; even when the sun is shining brightly, it feels as if a cloud is blocking it from reaching the palace."

"Imperial Noble Consort, you help me since I was a child, and yet, I can't even do anything now that you're like this; I hate how I can't help you; I hate that I wasn't paying much attention to you; and even when I thought you'd be fine."

Although Chen Ai tried hard not to cry, tears streamed down her cheeks as she spoke, and she quickly wiped them away with one hand.

"Imperial Noble Consort, I miss you so much; I miss talking to you, seeing that gentle smile on your face as you touch your stomach, seeing you laugh with joy. I miss everything; I miss dressing you up, I miss those days when you conversed with me in a very carefree way."

"Why can't everything stay the same as it was back then?" I'll never forget the day you saved me and the words you said to me. You asked me to follow you and promised to protect me forever, and I remember telling you that on the day of your wedding. I promised you that I would follow you and protect you for the rest of your life. In the end, I let you down."

Chen Ai's tears fell, her eyes turning red as she stared at Bai Zian, his eyes closed as if he was peacefully sleeping, away from pain, away from sadness.

With a couple more sniffles, Chen Ai calmed herself. She knew that crying would be useless. She wiped her tears away once more, taking a few deep breaths.

"Imperial Noble Consort, please wake up soon."

Bai Zian's body lay on the bed, eyes closed, breathing shallowly. Even though his face was pale, it couldn't take away his beauty, as he lay peacefully.

The image in that room created a lovely yet sentimental atmosphere. Bai Zian, who was lying in the bed, was as peaceful and gentle as ever.

[System, this is getting more boring.]

{Host, you were the one that planned this. Are you regretting your decision now?}

[I've been on this bed for so long.]

{Yeah, how does it feel to lie in bed pretending to be comatose and unable to wake up? I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of it. Every day for at least three hours, you complain to me about how you want to play a character who isn't gentle or kind. If I had a body, I would have made myself deaf so I wouldn't hear you whine.}

[System, you should be relieved that I'm being easy on you. I could talk about something else that would pollute anyone's ears if I wanted to. You have no idea about my sufferings!]

{I'm glad I'm not aware of your sufferings. To be honest, if I listen more, I'm afraid I'll explode. This is only the first world; you'll visit many more, so why are you complaining? First and foremost, you will never have a permanent life.}

[Geez, thanks for that reminder, System 196.]

Systems remained silent, presumably thinking about what Bai Zian had said. System 196 didn't bother to respond after a brief silence.

Chen Ai carefully entered the quiet room, her footsteps so light that it appeared she had grown accustomed to it.

She approached Bai Zian with a bowl of porridge in her hands, a calm and gentle expression on her face. Chen Ai sat on a chair beside the bed as she approached.

"Imperial Noble Consort, it's already been weeks. His Majesty has gotten more distant than before. Even thr Empress Dowager can't do anything. Her Majesty, the Empress has also been trying her best to help His Majestys duties."

Chen Ai's eyes are still on Bai Zian, not even leaving Bai Zian out of her gaze. Chen Ai had just finished her words when she noticed Bai Zian's finger move.

Her mouth and eyes widened, and she stood up, the bowl of porridge drop from her hands, and dashed out the door.

"Call the Imperial Physician immediately!" Chen Ai shouted in a panicked way.

A couple of fast footsteps could be heard, running towards Bai Zian's room a moment later. Zhao Wangkun opened up the door, staring at Bai Zian as he slowly stepped towards him.

Zhao Wangkun opened the door, his gaze fixed on Bai Zian as he took a slow step towards him.

"Zi An." Zhao Wangkun murmured, his eyes able to see the very light movements Bai Zian made.

Bai Zians fingers continued twitching before his eyelids began fluttering, on the verge of waking up. Hearing the soft whisper from Zhao Wangkun, his eyes finally opened up.

"Your Majesty." Bai Zians voice came out hoarse, but his voice was still clearly heard.

Zhao Wangkun couldn't hold back his joy as he immediately give Bai Zian a warm hug. Chen Ai, like Zhao Wangkun, couldn't hide her joy when she heard his voice and burst into tears.

Zhao Wangkun realese Bai Zian from the hug. He held Bai Zian's face and slowly caressed it.

"Zi An, I'm right here."

Zhao Wangkun said as he saw Bai Zian turn to look at him, his eyes filled with overwhelming happiness. Bai Zian fixed his gaze on Zhao Wangkun, his eyes filled with confusion.

"What happened?" Bai Zian questioned, still perplexed as to why he was lying on the bed.

"Zi An, I'll tell you everything later; for now, drink some water and wait for the Imperial Physician to come and check on your condition." Zhao Wangkun couldn't help but to tearfully smile as he saw Bai Zian had finally awoken.

Zhao Wangkun, holding a cup of water in his hand, assisted Bai Zian in sitting up and drinking the water.

"It's a great thing you are awake now." Zhao Wangkun spoke as he combed Bai Zian's hair with his fingers.

No one will ever know how Zhao Wangkun felt, in those weeks he spends without Bai Zian by his side, feels like an eternity. The only thing he could think about day and night was Bai Zian.

When the Imperial Physician arrived, he examined Bai Zian's condition. The Physician informed Zhao Wangkun that they still needed to observe Bai Zian's condition further to determine whether he was out of risk or not.