" So why don't chu?"

" I do talk to you. It's just dat I don't have much to say." I said truthfully.

" Or you just prefer not to talk to me about it? You'd rather talk to Key."

" No, it's not dat. I just don't know how to explain it baba." I shrugged.

I don't know why it's so hard fa me to have a conversation with everybody else besides Key. It's not like I'm doing it purposely, but it's just hard fa me.

He nodded his head, " Well, whenever you figure it out. Just know you can come talk to me and ya momma. We wanna help you through whatever you going through too. Ya hear?"

I nodded my head. We sat in a comfortable silence until Key came. Of course, A'Kyrie was excited to see him walk through the door. So, they played for a minute until he put his focus on me.

" You ready?" Key asked as he looked at me.

I knitted my eyebrows together as I looked at him with a confused look on my face, " For?"

" Come outside with me real quick." Key said as he handed AK back to my dad.

" No."

" Cali."

"Why?"

" Bruh, just come on." He said which caused me to huff and roll my eyes as I followed behind him.

" What we out hea fa?" I asked.

" I got a new truck." He said.

" Really? You wanted me to see ya new Maybach truck? Well, I see it. Now can we go back inside please?" I asked as constantly made sure to check my surroundings.

" Come take a ride with me." Key said as he unlocked the truck.

" I'm going back in the house." I said as I turned back around.

I started walking back to towards the house, but Key grabbed my hand pulling me back.

" Wait."

" I'm not going. Let go of me." I said as I tried to get out of his grasp.

"  Tell me why you won't go." He said.

" Because I don't want too."

" Give me the real reason."

" Because I'm scared. I'm scared ok? So, please just let go of me." I said as my voice cracked.

He let go of my hand, and got in front of me stopping me from walking back in the house. I sighed as I looked down at my feet. Tears were slowly falling from my eyes.

" Look at me. You trust me right?" Key asked as he gently lifted my head up causing me to make eye contact with him.

I tucked my bottom lip in as I nodded my head yeah.

" So you know as long as you with me, yeen got shit to be scared of. I'm not gone let nun happen to you." He said as he wiped my tears.

I nodded my head ok.

" If you don't wanna go anywhere that's fine. I won't force you. We can just sit in the driveway, if that's what you wanna do."

" Ok." I said as I tried to calm myself down.

Key walked me around to the passenger side of his new truck. He opened the door for me. I stood there for a few minutes trying to build up the courage to get in. He had his hand on my lower back rubbing in circular motions. I took a deep breath as I got in.

" I'm finna close the door, and go around on the other side now. Ight?" He said making sure I was good.

I nodded my head as I closed my eyes. I didn't open them until Key got in on the driver's side.

" You straight?" He asked as he looked over at me.

" Yeah."

" You start physical therapy in 2 days right?" Key asked me.

I nodded my head yeah.

" You excited? It's a step closer to you getting back to you being somewhat normal."

I shrugged my shoulders, " Kinda, but I know it's gone be hard."

" Yeah, that shit is most definitely not fa da weak. Cause when I had to go fa my leg. That shit hurt. Ian even go lie to you."

" I had a whole ass, fat headed ass baby. I can deal with pain."

" Mchtt, mane you gone quit checking my son." Key said as he smacked his lips.

" Yo son rolled his eyes at me this morning. All because I told him to come on."

" And that surprises you because? Hell, he get that shit from you." Key said causing me to quickly snap my neck towards him.

" You a damn lie. He get dat shit from you."

" So, you didn't just do the same shit when I asked you to come outside with me?" He asked causing me to shutup.

" Exactly! Sitting there like a pot calling the kettle black." He said laughing causing me to sit my middle finger up.

" But we not talking bout me tho. We talking bout yo son, so focus on the topic at hand." I said causing him to laugh.

A silence fell among us.

" If you ready to go back in just let me know."

" Can you drive me around the block a few times? I'm not ready to go on a main road just yet, but we can drive around the neighborhood." I said as I looked at him.

Key smiled as he nodded his head yeah. He started the truck. I put on my seatbelt.

" Lashun please put on yo seatbelt." I said as I looked over at him.

" I gotchu Karin." He said as he put his seatbelt on.

Once he finished, he slowly started backing out of the driveway. I'm glad I took a Xanax before he came or else I definitely would've been had a few pain attacks. He drove us slowly around the neighborhood, and we listened to his music. It wasn't bad as I thought it would be.

————————

Who y'all think AK get his attitude from Cali or Key😂? Key got Cali to ride with him😌! Did y'all think Cali wouldn't go with Key or did you have faith in him🤔? Not only is Cali finna start therapy, but she's also finna start physical therapy😩! How y'all think that's going to go🤔? What's some things y'all think Cali will talk about or should talk about in therapy🧐? How y'all feel about this chapter🤯? Let me know in the comments😌! Make sure you vote it, comment, and follow me💯! Love y'all💞!