Ties That Bind Pt.1 (Part 4) | "Get your girlfriend under control, lady!"

Start from the beginning

Clem sent me a mock glare and I shrugged.

Emma: What? It got hard without you to be my moral compass. Anyway, I was about to take some, but then Javi here, pointed a gun at my head and told me to drop my weapons and back away. I did. But when we moved far enough away from the van, I sent Javier to the floor very easily.

Javier: There’s the embarrassing bit.

Me and Clem laughed at his red face, but he soon smiled sheepishly as well.

Emma: And that’s how we met.

Javier: It was quite the show.

Clementine: Sounds like it.

Javier: And you, Clementine? Emma told us about her, but when it got to your past and who helped you through this, she said it was better for someone else to explain it. I guess she wanted you to, but she never knew if she was going to see you again.

Clementine: Well, my story needs to wait till we’ve had a drink.

Emma: Oh, I wish

We came out from a clearing in the bushes, finding ourselves out of the forest, but above the herd we were trying to get away from. They limped and dragged themselves across the grass, heading towards what looked like a town in the distance.

Javier: Shit…

Emma: Shit’s right.

Clementine: We can’t stay here. There’s a town up ahead. We can stay there until the herd passes. Otherwise we’re walker food. Can you two do that? Please?

I nodded immediately, getting out my pistol and knife, ready for a fight. Javier, on the other hand, didn’t seem too sure of the plan.

Javier: We can’t make a detour! I need to get to my family!

Clementine: And me and Emma now need that van! But right now, you have to trust me.

He looked at me and I nodded earnestly, making him sigh.

Javier: Fine. Whatever you say.

Clementine: Thank you.

Emma: Let’s go then!

We rushed down the hill, walkers swarming all around us as we headed towards the wall of the town. Bringing down walkers as we went, the gate got closer and closer.

Clementine: There! Get to the gate!

I pulled out my gun, shooting walkers in the head continually until I had to reload.

Clementine: Can see that your shot hasn’t got any worse!

Emma: Can see your’s has got worse!

She raised her eyebrow at me and I smirked, shooting a walker in the head that was coming towards her.

Emma: Maybe pay a little attention!

She rolled her eyes, knocking a walker over with a kick, stabbing it in the head.

Clementine: Just keep going! They’ll open up!

As we got to the gate, it closed, leaving us breathless, banging on the metal.

Javier: Hey!

Clementine: Open up!

Emma: Shit…

People stood above us, shooting the oncoming walkers with rifles, one of them looking down at us. He had long, blonde hair tied up at the back of his head and a beard to match, his blue overalls taut over his muscular body.