xix. 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝

A video

A video.

One little video had went viral in just a matter of hours. Vera had encouraged the driver to hurry, her and Henry being taken back to Hilerska immediately. She left Henry to hurry through the school, ignoring everyone in the process of running toward the private dorm the prince was in. She stared at Wilhelms body guards. "Where's my brother?"

"He isn't taking any-" the blonde began, stopping as the door was pulled open, Wilhelm grabbing Vera's hand to yank her into the room, shutting it quickly.

"Jesus. Are you all right?" Vera gave him a worried look. "Of course you're not alright. You're PG-13 sex tape just got leaked."

"You can tell it's me?" he gave a panicked look.

"Do you not want people to think it's you?" Vera repeated with a confused blink.

Wilhelm groaned, pacing as he yanked at her hair. "Vera!"

"Okay, from a strangers view, I couldn't tell it was you." she faced him with wide eyes. "The only reason I can tell now is because I know you and Simon have been together."

It was quiet, Vera blinked as she watched her brother. "Wilhelm, you don't have to be ashamed of who you are."

"Jesus, i'm not." he looked at her in offense.

"Okay." Vera tossed her hands up in surrender. "You're worried about mom then? And dad?"

"I know how she's gonna react. She's had our futures planned out all our lives." he said back, pacing the room with a shake of his head. "She'll be here soon."

"Do you want me to stay?" Vera gave a worried look.

"No, it'll only make it worse." he sighed, sitting down in his seat. "I don't know what to do. I can't hurt him but I can't hurt us either."

"Whatever you decide, i'll back you up." Vera stood to her feet with a nod of her head. "If you wanna fake our deaths, dye our hair, and change our names, we can do that too."

Wilhelm gave her a half smile. "You've done a lot of media speeches before."

"The key is to seem sincere for the older audience, but fake enough for others, just like you, to pity you. It works every time, so you aren't lying but you're not necessarily admitting to anything. If that's the way you decide to go, it works every time." Vera gave a tight lipped smile, pinching his cheek slightly. She backed up toward the door, giving a dramatic bow. "101 lessons with Moms Biggest Disappointment. Come back tomorrow for a special feature."

"I just don't understand, you didn't talk to him?" Henry asked as him and Vera had shown up at Alexanders once again a few nights later. "You don't even know if that's him?"

"He doesn't want to talk about it." Vera lied. She wasn't about to tell either of them what she knew, despite their relationship with her. "All I know is everyone thinks it is him."