...I knew you were the one.

EPILOGUE

     Driving through the fog was like an endless drift into heaven. And he so desperately wanted to reach the other side; for the haze to clear and his creator to greet him, forgive him for all his sins and bless him before sending him back down to Earth to finish his journey.   

      "Daddy, why's it so smoky outside?" the young boy asked from the backseat.  "Is it a fire somewhere?"

     "No.  They're clouds."

     "Clouds?  Did they fall down from the sky?"

     "Yes—just for you, birthday kid."

      Today, Ace Princeton Nelson turned four-years-old.  "Is it my birthday all day and nighttime?" he asked.

     "Yup. The whole day is yours."

     "Daddy?"

     "Yes?"

     "Where's Mommy? I have to tell her something."

     "You know where Mommy is, silly."

     "I know everything in the world!"

     "That's right, because how old are you today?"

     "Big!"

     "Big? That's not a number. How old are you? Are you still three-years-old?"

     "No, Mommy said I'm four-years-old!"

     Prince's car stalled in front of his security gatehouse as the guard handed him a stack of mail. A thank you was given in exchange and Prince rolled the car forward on the pavement that led him to his home.

     Parked in the circular driveway, Ace unbuckled himself as Prince looked through the envelopes, stacking the ones for him behind each other and tossing the ones addressed to Raven Rosario on the passenger's seat.

     "Daddy, can we go now?" Ace was standing between the two front seats, bouncing with impatience. If the child lock wasn't on, he would've been outside running already. The air was warm enough for a day to play in the yard.

     Prince grunted when his son started climbing over the console to reach the front seats. Instead of scolding his behavior, he helped him and told him to stay where he could see him.  Ace gave a happy "okay" and ran outside, beelining straight for his bike.

     Prince dropped his pile of mail on his lap and started opening one of the envelopes, naturally shifting his eyes out the window to keep watch on the birthday kid. He had his helmet on backwards.

     Chuckling under his breath, Prince rolled down the Bentley window and called for his son.

     Ace ran to his father, laughing at himself as the helmet fell to the ground. "Whoops!"

     Prince didn't put the helmet on Ace but instead, directed his boy how to do it properly. After hearing the click under his chin, he stuck his arms out the window to check it was on good and secure. "Alright, now stay close like I said."

     "Yes, Pop-Pops!"

     "Love you."

     "I love you!" Ace screamed already halfway to his bike. 

     Prince picked up the envelope again, the one addressed to him with only "Melody" written in the top left corner.

     Unfolding the paper, he sighed, guilt already turning his stomach.

Prince,

I'm so sorry for making you mad the other night. Please call me. We need to finish talking about this.

I made a mistake, okay? I did. 100%. I know the kind of love we have just doesn't go away overnight. We were about to start our life together. I shouldn't have walked away like that. I'm stronger than that. I'm sorry.

I know you love her but she'll never have what I do. She can't give you what I can. And yeah, I can't give you a new Bentley to go with my apology but that was a cheap way out anyway after everything she did to you. A car can't fix the hurt she caused you. She's trying to buy her way back into your heart.

What I can give you is trust. Stability. REAL love. You won't have to trick me into letting our son have your last name. You won't have to worry about me being gone for weeks at a time. You know it's not going to work with her. She's always leaving and I'm not mad at the girl for having a career but you need a woman who knows how to sit still and take care of "home". This chick is apparently too busy for you.

Is she even fucking you? You said it in so many words. Who the hell does she think she is making you "wait"? Her pussy made of 24k gold or something? You're a king with needs so I don't even understand if you're really with her or not. You didn't clarify if you're in a relationship with her but I know you shouldn't be. Don't waste your time. She obviously thinks she's too good for you.

I don't need a spotlight on me, only when I'm with you and you want to share it with me. I'm a writer. I'll work on my books and I'll be here when you get home. I'll take care of Ace when you're away. I'll give him as many brothers and sisters as you two want. I really want to meet him. Maybe you seeing the both of us interact will put your heart as ease. You and I belong together, my love.

Please call me. You know Raven ain't the one.

Love,

Your favorite Melody

END OF BOOK ONE