Five

— Sasuke's POV (3rd person) —

Sasuke woke up in the middle of the forest just as he was left, face down. It was morning. His neck was sore, and he was covered in grime.

He stood up and looked around. Y/n was nowhere to be found. He had just remembered that someone had took her... had stabbed her. But why? The Akatsuki... it was them. Maybe Itachi, he thought. He became angry at that thought.

He wondered when he had become so weak. How could have someone have taken her while he was there? What distracted him? Oh... that's right. It was y/n herself. She was crying. Because of me, he thought. Because of what he did to her father.

Sasuke dusted himself off. He was determined to go save y/n. He at least owed her that after what he did... and then he could finally be alone. Maybe I'll see Itachi, he thought. Sasuke squeezed his fists. Itachi. His name triggered him so much, it made him more determined. What if he killed y/n? Sasuke shook his head and began to run. There was no more time to think about it. He had to go.

— End of Sasuke's POV (3rd person) —

It was morning. There was finally some light in the room, but not a lot. I was still alone though. What was happening to me? Why does Sasuke keep popping up in my dreams... in that way? And where the hell is he? Did they take him here? Did they kill him? Is he coming for me? Did he... leave me?

I clutched my stomach and started breathing heavy. I was cold. My body was shaking. I was so hungry. My head was pounding. I fell to my side and held my knees to my chest. I started groaning. I was starting to sweat more than I already was and my body started to ache. Where the hell was Madara?  Where the hell was anyone?

I heard the door open and someone walked down the stairs.

He's here...

I mean I knew he was going to be here, but I didn't think I'd actually see him. I have never met him before, I didn't even know what he looked like to be honest, but I just knew it was him.

Finally making it down the stairs, he approached me and sat down about six feet away from me. He looked just like him... like Sasuke. The same eyes, the same handsome face. It was... Itachi Uchiha.

He stared at me for a couple of seconds. I didn't know what to say, or if I was supposed to say anything at all. He just watched me as I groaned on the floor.

"So, do you always look like shit?" he asked.

Um. Ouch? I didn't have the energy to reply. I guess it was true. I'm sure I looked like shit if I felt like it.

I just chuckled while still groaning.

"Madara will be here soon, so I'll make this quick," he said.

I couldn't really hear what he was saying. I was so weak that all I could hear was my own heart beat slowing down. I wasn't dying, but it sure felt like I was. Is this what withdrawals felt like?