Chapter 12

I'm not sure about this chapter tell me if there is something wrong with it.

_______________________________________________________________

Cara's POV

I breathed in. Slowly letting my eyes open to the damp cold cage. It was musty and dark. It has been a little over a month since I've been here. It's the same thing over and over, just like before. I sighed and sat up slowly in fear that my body would just slump over and die.

I rubbed my neck trying to get the knots and bruises out. I stretched out my arms and cracked my neck. I sat up criss crossed my legs and drank the water in the small bowl. I concentrated on keeping it down and not throwing up. After I knew for sure it stayed i did an inward fist pump. Here that is a great victory.

I tried sending out a small message to Blake. I never knew if Blake could hear me, but sometimes his wolf would get excited, so I took that as that he could hear me. Sometimes I swear I could hear him calling for me, but being in a cage for a little over a month can make a little bit crazy. I would apologize for all the things I said, tell him I loved him, and ask him to tell everyone that I'm okay. I felt his wolf pace and howl with desire to me. 

I promise myself everyday I wake up alive that if I ever saw Blake again I would give my all to him. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and wiped it away. I went for my food and nibbled on a piece of it. Dog food doesn't really agree with my stomach, but I need the energy to survive. After 25 minutes of eating three pieces and throwing up two of them I decided to give up.

I sat there for awhile counting the minutes that passed by. The lights over head flickered on. They were bright and white. I curled up and waited for a voice knowing better to talk unless spoke to.

"Rise and shine honey." I sighed at his voice.

"Hey Derek." I scratched my head. My bed head was horrible. Derek is the only one who doesn't hurt me. He is my friend. Around here they take turns with me. When it's Derek's turn he takes me into the room and turns music up to where they can't hear us. Then he fixes me up. Makes sure I have the vitamins and nutrients I need in my system. He is part of the reason I am still alive.

The tattered giant t-shirt I was wearing reached my knees. It had stains and rips on it. 

"The Alpha wants you to take a shower and told me to tell you to take a warm one and also to wash up well." He looked dead serious. I couldn't hide the shock on my face.

"So, you are that good in bed huh?" I felt a small growl try to escape, but it came out as a cough.

"I don't think..... so." I was working it out in my head still concentrating on keeping that one piece of dog food down.

I shook my head to clear it, but a warm shower compared to skinny dipping in Antarctica was a no brainer to me.

"Alright." I held out my arm. He knew the drill. He grabbed it, but didn't hurt me. I made it seem painful by trying to get him off me or letting a tear or two fall from my eyes it always put a smile on the alpha's face to see me in pain.

He barley pushed me into the bathroom, but i stumbled hard to make it seem harsh.

"Hurry up and take your shower you little bitch. The alpha doesn't like to wait." He growled but sent me a sly wink. I let a dry sob escape, but managed a small smile.

I climbed into the shower and let myself indulge in the warm spray. After cleaning myself up I put on the t-shirt and shorts that were put out for me. Still too big and tattered.

I groaned not knowing what to expect.

After I got clothed I started walking out slowly. There was a note. I read every word carefully. It said Come down once you are finished to make breakfast I wish to have a word with you.

I audibly gulped and made my way down stairs. It was scary quiet. I rounded the corner to the kitchen and flinched back.

Only Derek and Alpha was there. I didn't know the Alpha's name. No one ever said the alpha's name.

"Y-you wished to speak to me A-alpha?" I was trembling. I was using all of the energy I had to stay standing.

He motioned to the chair in front of him. I slowly making my way to the chair. When I was about to take a seat he said really loudly.

"Boo." I flinched back in shock and horror as he and Derek laughed.

I sat down and looked at the hem of my shirt. Trying to slow my breathing and heart rate. Keeping myself calm through this.

"So, Cara........" I flinched at my name.

"Yes, Alpha?" I felt my lower lip tremble.

"How would you like to get out of here?" I felt my heart jump into my throat. My hopes were starting to rise.

"Huh?" I got out.

"Yepp, I have no use for you anymore, my revenge has been taken." He waved his hand in the air and had a devilish smirk on his face.

"What...... revenge?" I was afraid of the answer. Yes he locked me up, beaten me, passed me around to his friends, and took me away from my mate, but all of that had been done before.

"Well, your mate of course," He looked me dead in the eyes. I started getting angry.

"What..... did you do to... him?" Suddenly full of energy and rage.

"Oh nothing, It's what he did to you." He corrected me with that smirk I wanted to smack off his face.

"Have you ever felt so heart broken all of a sudden at night, like you were literally falling apart? Your body so uncontrollable and sad that you thought you were going to die?" He smiled. Besides the physical pain I was mentally fine. I sat there thinking really hard. 

I was thinking my train of thought coming to something I couldn't put my finger on. I slept like the dead. My thoughts slowly stopped as a burning sensation grew in my chest. It was unlike anything I had ever felt. I felt depressed and angry. I clutched my chest wanting it to go away. I had tears flowing from my eyes and my wolf was whimpering.

"You know what that is correct?" He started chuckling. I shook my head.

"It's the sign of a cheating mate." My eyes widened in horror. I dropped off the chair and onto my knees. My wolf confirming that it was true. Tears prickling my eyes and Derek restraining himself away from me.

I felt a swift kick to my stomach. 

"You deserve it." He growled into my ear. I let a sob escape my throat.

"You have exactly 35 minutes before I send wolves after you to kill you. Leave while you can. I'm not rushing you." He laughed menacingly and walked out of the room.

"Cara?" I shoved him away. I got up and slowly made it to the front door and started away from the house still feeling that heart breaking sensation. I still couldn't believe it.

My mate is cheating on me. I shook my head and cleared it. I shifted and stumbled. I went into a slow jog and made it to the edge of the border pretty quickly. 

Once I passed their territory border I felt a great weight lift off of me, but there was still a weight. The burning in my chest increased and burned like boiling virgin olive oil on my chest. then it went away completely. They finished.

Tears ran down my cheek, but I wiped it away. 

"No more crying. No more." I growled to myself and my wolf agreed. She perked up inside of me. She tried sweeping what pride and confidence she and I had left. No, it wasn't confidence in my looks, my skill, or self esteem. It was just confidence. I don't know what it is for, but I was happy it was there.

I will get through this. I always do. My wolf howled in agreement inside me. We trotted over to an empty cave and curled up and went to sleep. It was more of a content sleep. The best one I have had in ages.