2 - Letters and Panic

CHLOE'S P.O.V)

"Chloe? What are you doing!"

I was paralyzed. I never thought I would hear her voice again.

"Chloe, please look at me."

I turned around slowly looking at Aubrey. She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Don't do this. Please."

"How did you..." I was speechless.

"You've been off these past two weeks Chlo. I figured if there was something wrong you'd come to me. Why didn't you talk to me?" Aubrey said on the other side of the railing. She had her hands on top of my mine holding onto me.

"I... I don't know."

"Chloe you can't do this, climb back over the railing and we'll talk."

"Why not Aubrey." I started choking up now. "I have got nothing left for me."

"Chloe you're graduating this year, you can't give up these past 4 years-" I hate seeing Aubrey like this. Her voice is getting all choked up and her eyes are tearing up.

"I'm not graduating anymore, my grades have dropped in all my courses and my advisor says I that no matter how good I do on my finals I can't pass."

"Chloe please, just get back here!"

"Why Aubrey, Why? Why shouldn't I do this?" I just wanted to die, why couldn't she let me do that. "There nothing left for me Aubrey, so I don't see a point in staying. I can't keep going on pretending that I'm fine when on the inside I want to die. It's just too much for me to handle."

Aubrey hated seeing her best friend like this. As Chloe closed her eyes and took a deep breath, Aubrey took this as an opportunity and climbed up theater the railing so she too were on the side of the water. Chloe than opened her eyes and look beside her and saw Aubrey standing there.

"Aubrey what are you doing," Chloe said

"Chloe, if you're going to kill yourself, I will too. I need you Chloe you're my best friend. I don't want to live in a world without you Chloe. You told me that you have supported me for 4 years. But not once have I ever done the same. "

"Aubrey, please just get-"

"No, if your gonna jump so am I."

"Aubrey, plea-"

"No Chloe! I am not! The only way I won't jump is if you get down with me."

I thought for a moment, deciding what I wanted to do. I wanted Aubrey to live, lots of people care about her and would miss her if she as gone. She has a girlfriend, and I am pretty sure Stacie would be a mess if Aubrey died.

But on the other hand, I had no one. I mean I do have Aubrey, but she won't always be around when I need her the most. I don't have a girlfriend and my parents think I'm a disappointment. 

I don't know what to do. I want to die. I see no point in me living anymore. But I want Aubrey to live.

I look down at my wrist remembering that I had cut it. I guess I could get off of this bridge and then I would just bleed to death than. But the most important part is that Aubrey would live.

"I'm sorry Aubrey, I-I- just, please, let's get off this bridge." I said.

As we got down my arm brushed up against Aubrey an blood was smeared all over her arm and a bit on her shirt.

"Chloe your bleeding." Then she realized where it was coming from "Oh My God! We need to get you to a hospital!"

Aubrey got her phone out and called an ambulance. She was talking to the operator, I began to grow tired. I suddenly couldn't keep myself standing anymore, feeling the need to lay down. I collapsed.