𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. the shattered glass of our hearts.

Start from the beginning

"Er... thanks... you were casted for Romeo, weren't you?" She isn't sure what else to say.

Elio smiles ( smug, but that seems to be all he knows ) and quickly glances towards his friend again, "That I was. I'm honoured to be working with such a pretty Juliet."

Lavinia awkwardly laughs, briefly glancing over her shoulder to meet Theadosa's wide eyes with her own and hopes the disappointment stops aching so heavily in her chest. You're a fool, she thinks, can hear her mother saying it so clearly, but she is a fool. She knows that now.

"So, Lavinia..." Elio starts, and she fights the urge to back away even further when he steps closer. "Guess we'll be spending quite a bit of time together, eh?"

"I suppose so." Lavinia replies. She can't figure out why she wishes so desperately for his eyes to become green. "So, St Brutus'?"

"Yup." Elio pops his lips at the end of the word. She wishes he'd take a step back.

Lavinia nods, "So, I reckon you may know Harry then?"

Elio's eyes suddenly grow cold, like he's been doused in ice water, "Harry who?"

"Harry Potter." Lavinia says, curiously watching as his eyes soften.

"Potter? Nah, thought you were asking about Evans for a second there." Elio tells her with a shrug.

"Fucking wanker." The boy besides him pipes up. There's a sharp tinge of venom in his voice.

"Can it, Oliver." Elio snaps, shooting a look of distaste towards him. "Can't stand the guy, why would I want to talk about him right now? She wasn't asking, so drop it."

Lavinia turns towards Oliver, desperate for a change of topic and not liking the harshness in Elio's tone, "Mercutio?"

"Mhm." Oliver hums with a nod, looking over her shoulder, "Who is that?"

"Who?" Lavinia follows his gaze and smiles as Theadosa makes her way towards the three, "Oh, that's Thea."

"Lavinia, doll, was wondering what it was that's keeping you." Theadosa smiles, throwing her arm over Lavinia's shoulder. "And you two are?"

"Elio Discroll." Elio says yet again, lifting his hand to point towards the other boy, "And that's Oliver Adler."

"Theadosa Cirillo." Theadosa says, reaching a hand out, eyes suddenly narrowed. "If you ever call me anything but Thea, though, I'll break those bones of yours."

Elio grimaces from the tight hold Theadosa has on his hand, but nods nonetheless, "Thea, alright, got that."

"Good, good." Theadosa says, the beginning of a mischievous smiling growing in the corners, "Now, what do we say to going out for a cig?"

Oliver smiles, hands in his trouser pockets, "You know, Thea, I think you may just become my favourite person yet."

Theadosa gives her award winning smile, drops her arm to move beside him and loop hers with his own, and begins to lead him away, "You flatter me, Oli..."

"Well, guess it's just us, eh?" Elio says, trailing along beside her as they make their way out of the auditorium.

Lavinia shrugs, and keeps her gaze forward, "Suppose so."

Elio frowns, though she doesn't see it, and lightly nudges her arm, "So, Juliet, what made you want to audition?"

The question stumps her, unable to help when she turns her heads towards him with furrowed brows, "I've always loved Shakespeare." She admits, "My brother always read me Romeo and Juliet, and that eventually turned into me reading it on my own. When I heard we were putting it on this year I figured I'd audition, though, if I'm honest, didn't think I'd land the role."