[12]

the morning after the argument between the best friends, and the fact that rue slipped out on how davina liked ash, had the teenage girl in a depressive state.

she felt betrayed by rue. she couldn't imagine her best friend ever outing a secret of hers like that, but she didn't have to imagine it.

       "ya levántate, no? te la as pasado en la cama todo el dia. tienes hambre? hice pasta. " (get up, no? you've been in bed all day. are you hungry? i made pasta.)   her mother hesitated as she yet again invited herself into davina's room, snapping her daughter out of her own sad thoughts. it had been her mom's 4th time insisting the girl to get out of bed, all in which she failed.

      "nooo! déjame en paz, por favor!" (nooo! leave me in peace, please!)  she begged annoyingly, wrapping her blanket on top of her body, tight. her heart ached as she heard the door slowly shut, remembering how she didn't say goodbye to ash that night. she knew an explanation was deserved to him, she just couldn't bring herself to call him. her fear and theories had won over.

      she hovered over her phone, dismissing the hundreds of missed calls from ash. she made her thumb towards the 'spotify' app, tuning into her favorite playlist that consisted of artists like—- frank ocean, sleeping at last, rex orange county, and billie eilish.

       she hit shuffle play, the song 'halley's comet" began to play. she let out a sharp shaky breath as she stared at the photo of ash that was hanging up on her wall, giggling after she reminisced bout the time she had to force him to pose in order to polaroid it.

flashback.
═════ ◈ ═════

      "okay you see! pose, for real, stop playing around." she whined at the boy, frowning when she saw the photo came out with his hand covering his face. "don't be taking any photos of me or i'll kick you out." he warned, half jokingly. he shifted over by his bed so that she could sit by him.

         "stop! you're wasting my film-" she groaned in annoyance, "don't cover the camera." she demanded with a hint of neediness in her voice. ashtray gave in and threw up a peace sign.

         those were one of the days ashtray allowed her into his room.

end of flashback.
═════ ◈ ═════

♫ i think i might have fallen in love.
what am i to do? ♫

        "mira quien salió de tu cuarto!" (look who came out of her room!) her mom joked, serving davina a plate, who was sluggishly walking to the dinner table.

        "thanks." davina muttered, picking up her fork as she twirled the pasta around her fork, ignoring the intense stares she felt from her siblings and her mother. they knew not to pry over what was causing her sadness, at least not now, no.

8:12 pm.

     davina dashed up the stairs, preparing for whatever the thuds she heard from her room might be. she grew more frightened by each step, hearing the muffled bangs clearly now. there stood ashtray outside her window as she swung open her door.

"yo, open the fucking window! what the fuck. ow!" ash hissed in pain, trembling from the coldness outside and wincing from the leaves hitting his face, occasionally.

         davina hurried to the window, snapping it wide open, moving aside, granting space for the boy to come in. he gritted his teeth as he fell on the floor, davina's window was awfully high. he picked himself up before patting his clothes down that had scrunched up, revealing the scar he had in between his torso.

"man, where the hell were you? had me standing out there for way too long." he complained, tensing up as he caught her eyes with his. he straightened himself out, figuring the girl wasn't going to talk out of embarrassment from last night.

"you haven't been answering my calls-" he reminded her, eyeing around davina's bedroom then at her. he bit the inside of his cheek, he felt his hands go sweaty before asking, "what rue said— is it true?" he whispered enough for her to hear, inching closer to her face.

davina's breath hitched, her heartbreak began to quicken, "ash, i—- yeah." she softly admitted, not daring to make eye contact with him. she felt her cheeks glow red as she glared at the teddy bear behind ash, a teddy bear rue had gifted her a while ago.

ash gently swerved his hand under davina's chin, pulling it up so that she could face him now.
"davina— can i—" he paused as his throat gulped in fear, building up courage to finish his question he thought he would never ask. "can i kiss you, davina?" he glued his light brown eyes down to her lips, both teen's hearts now threatening to jump out from how dangerously fast their heartbeat was.

       davina couldn't help but smile at the boy's innocence. her gaze flickered from his eyes to his lips. her heart ached with pain as she tippie toed up to his face. she couldn't understand how someone could be so breath taking. she proceeded to make the first move as to provoke him. she aligned her hands around his neck. his eyes widened at her sudden reaction, stiffing up as she ran a hand through his buzzed cut, tracing his features, she felt his lips with her fingers. this caused ash to lowly whine, feeling every second they weren't kissing a waste.

      ash urgently slapped his lips onto hers, moving his mouth against her's roughly . they melted into a passionate kiss, breathing into one another, sloppily roaming their hands against the other.

       ash grunted as he felt her warm body push him against her bed, wrapping his arms around her waist, gripping her thin clothing, pressing her hips onto the mattress. he craved more of her. she craved more of him. she winced one last time before pulling apart, widening her eyes, noticing ashtray was now on top of her.

     he laid beside her, calming his excitements down as they took time to keep their breathing steady. they continuously panted, melting into the fabric of her blanket. she looked at ash after she took a look breath, he had his eyes glued onto her.

she grabbed his hand, rubbing his hand with her finger. the teens bursted out laughing, replay internet what had just happened between them in their heads. she never wanted this moment to end.

i've never written a kiss scene ever so bear with me ik it's probably bad😭😭