prologue

davina ortiz. a 15 year old hispanic who didn't want nothing more than to be noticed. she lived with her older brother, diego and her two younger twin sisters named melanie and stephanie. along with her parents,  who are known as mom and dad.
here's the thing though, her parents weren't a happy couple. they both have been unfaithful to each other.
davina couldn't understand how can someone be so in love one day and hate each other out of nowhere.
they lived in the same house yet the only times they were on speaking terms was when they were screaming over money or even over the smallest things.
davina hated those days.
recently the family had moved to a small town called East Highland because they couldn't afford living in the city they lived in before. she always hated the thought of moving... leaving her friends terrified her.
that's until it actually happened.

BACKFLASH

"mama por favor no!" davina yelled at her mom.

"davina ya no nos alcanza el dinero para poder vivir aquí. nos vamos a mover. no es una pregunta." her mom said giving her a firm look.

"papa, please?" the girl turned over to her dad who had been sitting down on the couch listening to the conversation.

"tu mamá tiene razón mija.... nos vamos a mover, ya no discuten."

she scoffed at both of her parents which led by her running to her room and plopping on the bed.

FLASHFOWARD

8:12 pm.

davinas mother was making dinner for her family.
"yummy" davina said as she was walking into her kitchen and smelling the food her mom was making, enchiladas. she sat down waiting for her mom to finish serving some of the food onto her plate and inspected the house they had moved in a few weeks ago more. it wasn't a huge house... but it had enough space for eveyone to fit.
"Niños vengan a comer!" her mother yelled.
diego and the twins came running down the stairs into the kitchen to 5 plates covered with enchiladas.
"ay que rico se mira todo!" diego said while pulling a chair out and sitting on it.
"gracias mami" said melanie and stephanie in sync.
twin physiology, i swear.
dad had quickly found a job in town causing him to never be here. it really sucked.
when we had all finished eating we put down the dishes in the sink and said our goodnights to our mother and went our separate ways.
davina thanked the lord she finally got her own room so that she didn't have to share with the twins ever again.
after an hour of scrolling on her social media apps she looked at the clock she had up in her room which read; 10:38 pm. she got up her bed, grabbed her purple and white toothbrush and walked toward the bathroom. after she finished doing her business in the bathroom she walked back to her room and heard her mom yell "ya duérmanse que mañana tienen escuela todos!" she sighed and shut her door. if she was being honest she was scared for tomorrow. she had transferred to this new school called, East Highland Highschool. She was a sophmore and even though it wasn't the first day for all those other kids in her school, it was for her.