I woke up at about eight o'clock in the morning. I got myself out of bed, and headed to the bathroom to get my day started.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I peeked into Savannah's room again. She was still sleeping, but this time under her sheets. I walked in, turning her ceiling fan on to make sure she didn't get too over heated. She didn't budge as I walked towards her windows to open up the blinds. I opened the window by the couch in her room, to get a nice breeze flowing through.

I left her room and got ready for today's activities. I cooked breakfast, took the dogs out, and cleaned up, all before noon. Julia came over at about 12:30.

"Hey, good morning. Or evening." She came in, smiling to herself. I headed towards the front room, where my bags were sitting near the door.

"I'm getting out of here in a little bit. Sav's still sleep, somehow." I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"Doesn't surprise me. She needs as much sleep as possible." Julia sat down in a chair in the corner.

"That's true." I rubbed the back of my neck. I looked at the clock on the wall, then back at Julia. She returned my stare.

"What's wrong with you?" Julia smiled slyly. "You look like you wanna say something. She do something to you?"

I laughed quietly to myself. "I um, I kissed Savannah last night. It was nice."

Julia stared at me. "For real?"

I nodded.

"Hm." She looked away, biting the nail of her index finger.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I wasn't expecting a reaction like that. "It looks like you want to say something now." I said, trying to get more out of Julia.

Julia shook her head and shrugged. "I just.. I don't know. It's nothing." She placed her head in her the palm of her hands.

I sat down on the couch looking at her. Something didn't seem right. "No, tell me. Obviously, something is wrong with what I just said."

Julia's gaze was more intense this time. "Do you like her?"

I raised my eyebrows. Did I?

"I- I think so. I mean I guess, I did kiss her." I managed. Julia laughed cynically.

"Whatever. Just, don't go prying around or getting yourself into something that you won't follow up with." She continued to pick at her nails.

I felt my jaw starting to clench. "What's that suppose to mean?" I spat. My irritation was beginning to get the best of me.

Julia narrowed her eyes, her head still in her palms. "You know exactly what I mean Tyler."

I sighed, looking away. "I'm getting out of here."

I ripped a piece of paper out of a notebook that was sitting on the coffee table. I scribbled a quick note to Savannah, before handing it to Julia.

"Can you sit this on Savannah's nightstand, please?" Julia snatched the note from me, looking through it. She smiled.

"Did you really have to read it?" I asked.

She nodded. "I just wanted to see what it said." I started walking towards the door before Julia called my name. I turned around as I unlocked the front door.

"If you, you know.." Julia shrugged and crossed her arms. "Actually do, like, actually like Sav.. don't do anything.. weird. She means a lot to me, and she's been through a lot."

I narrowed my eyes at her as I opened the door. "What made you say that? Do you think I would?"

"No. I just wanted to tell you. Look, you know what I'm getting at Tyler." Julia snapped.

"No, I actually don't know what you're getting at."

"Okay, well.. just forget it. I'll see you later."

I headed out the front door sighing. "I probably wont be home until about 11:30, no later than midnight." I said.

"Okay. See ya." Julia called.

I walked towards the car with Julia's words echoing in my head.

What did she mean by she's been through a lot? What did she go through? Am I taking our friendship too fast?

More and more questions spiraled through my head. Maybe I was taking things too fast. What if I actually didn't like Sav? And I just thought she was really beautiful, which made me think I started to like her? I rubbed my face as I started my car. That had to be it. It was a reasonable explanation. I was taking things too serious and too fast, I had to relax. I was probably pulling Savannah out of her comfort zone, with the way I've been treating her.