Chapter 19: Beware, The Legendary Super Saiyan!

Start bij het begin

"Filthy! Inferior! MONKEY!" Frieza growled with each syllable. After his last word, Frieza raised both arms upwards and brought them onto Oren's head, sending him crashing to the ground.

Getting up from the rubble, Oren saw Frieza slowly descending back onto the ground with both arms crossed.

"That rather caught me off guard," Frieza remarked. "Is it safe to assume that you have your fight back?" Frieza mockingly asked.

Oren groaned in pain as he got up to his feet.

"Too bad there's still the Saiyan thing working against you," Frieza smirked, watching Oren struggle to stand up. "Inferior life forms such as yourself are so easy to anticipate. Right down to their last desperate breath of life." Frieza smiled.

Frieza then brought up his right index finger and fired a thin beam into Oren's left shoulder. Despite the thinness of the beam, it still pushed Oren back with a force of a truck. Oren groaned and placed a hand onto his shoulder, only for Frieza to fire another blast at Oren. Frieza began to fire multiple small Ki blasts at Oren, similar to the attack he did to Piccolo. After one last Ki blast, Oren was knocked back a few feet.

"Oho ho ho! Are you ready to throw in the towel, Saiyan?" Frieza mocked. "Would death be a welcome reprieve? I could arrange that, if you like?" Frieza smirked.

Oren said nothing as he stood up. Oren hunched over as his arms dangled at his sides, his breaths long and labored. Clenching his right fist, he concentrated his Ki into an energy ball and flung it towards Frieza. The Galactic Tyrant effortlessly swatted his attack away towards nearby mountains, causing a massive explosion. Oren groaned.

'Damn. That really wasn't the greatest idea,' Oren thought. 'Matter of fact, that Kaio-Ken times twenty seriously drained my energy!'

Frieza began to slowly approach Oren.

"Heh! What modest powers the Saiyan race does, or rather, did possess, was utterly wasted on them," Frieza chuckled. "My wholesale slaughter of the lot was a mercy in the grand scheme of things. Wouldn't you agree?" Frieza asked.

Oren slowly bowed his head and closed his eyes.

'I-I. I'm done for, I'm afraid,' Oren thought, giving up his will to fight.

Oren prepared himself for his inevitable fate. When all of a sudden, Oren heard a disembodied voice call out to him, trying to get his attention.

"Tato! How DARE you give up!" The voice yelled. "You're a Saiyan Prince! Take some pride in your heritage!" The voice said, attempting to give Oren the will to fight.

Oren's eyes opened. He recognized that voice, it was Vegeta! Oren didn't dare look behind him, but he spoke up as though Vegeta were next to him.

"I-I'm NOT a Saiyan like you Vegeta," Oren replied.

"Please. Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise!" Vegeta scoffed. "You personify our race!"

Oren shook his head in irritation.

"Just stop," Oren interrupted. "Even together we..."

At that moment, Oren's eyes widened. Vegeta was dead, he buried him himself. Turning around to look in the direction of Vegeta's grave, Oren found that he was no longer on Namek, but in an endless purple void. Turning back, Oren saw Vegeta standing before him.