3 • big bad world by kodaline

Billie

I woke up again at past 8am and got a text from my bestie Isla asking if I want to have breakfast with our other besties Jao and Nat but I was still sleepy and lazy. Besides Lucille is still swimming and we decided to go to campus together in two hours. And also it's just one of those days that I'm extra lazy and extra blue. I don't know why but I just want to be alone for a while.

Maybe it's also partly because of my dad who nags the hell out of me. I hate that I live near the campus and has to live at home. I envy my other friends who rent dorm or apartment rooms. It just feels so suffocating sometimes. I also envy my 2 brothers who "got out" unlike me. They're also in college right now but lucky for them they went to schools in Metro Manila and lives in our condo. My life sucks.

Before 10am I dropped off Lucille at CEM and went to CAS Annex 1 for my 10am class. Unfortunately it's cancelled. I should rejoice but it's such a hassle going back home. I had no choice though. To think I was not feeling well in the first place. Ugh.

When I got home, I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to rewatch Friends to lift my mood. Then I got a text from our other bestie Nathan. Nat was asking us to meet for lunch because apparently we both didn't join our besties for breakfast. He said Isla isn't replying and Jao has a meeting. They must have gone home already after their breakfast. I remember my convo with Lucille in the car. I really have to do something about this Isla+Jao thing.

I was getting hungry so I decided to meet up with Nat. I'm also feeling much better now thanks to my old besties Rachel, Monica and Phoebe.

Nat and I met at Cocina under SU building. He said he'll be coming from his tennis class. Since I'm always an early bird, I arrived twenty minutes early.

"Wow you're here already. Sorry I'm a bit late." He said, huffing a bit from his walk from Baker Hall.

"Yup, I've got Mom's car all day today." I said, not minding the extra ten-minute wait as the ambience here feels chill and relaxing.

"Until curfew? Nice. By the way, I'm starving." Nat said distractedly as he caught his breath.

I was amused seeing my buff friend out of breath. Mental note: we need to go running again.

"Yup, of course. What else is new?" I rolled my eyes thinking about my curfew. "Can we share meals? I haven't eaten anything yet today." I told him.

Nat's my favorite food buddy because he always wants to share an extra plate with me. Jao and Isla could never. Jao is strict with his diet while Isla eats so little. We got ribs with mashed potato and rice, pesto pasta and a green tea frappucino. Nat added a carbonara and a piece of chocolate cake. Best bud ever.

"Are you going later? I might pass, my body is sore from all the practice games for midterms." He said, stretching a bit. He probably meant our usual exercise with Isla, Jao and some other orgmates. It's frisbee night.

"I'll probably pass too and just go boxing. Should we just meet them for dinner?" I asked as we finished dessert. I feel like I still need to destress today.

"Sure. I'm kinda craving for pizza. Yellow Cab or Calda Pizza?" He asked, always on the dot when it comes to food. Like me.

If our love wasn't platonic, we'd be soulmates. But we've known each other since we were kids so we're not actually those kind of besties who falls in love at one point in time (unlike our two besties).

"Not sure yet, let's ask them later. And it depends if Jao is coming." I pondered.

I can only use my mom's car until curfew so that's out of the question. Then it's usually a hassle to commute to Yellow Cab at night considering my parents are so strict. Nat's car which was recently broken by his brother is still getting fixed. Jao is our only option if we want Yellow Cab.

"Yeah, sadly my car is still not fixed so in Jao, we trust. Just let me know later." Nat said, then proceeded to talk about one of our favorite bands coming this year for a concert.

"Can you get me a ticket too? You know Dad will only let me go if I was going with you. I don't mind third wheeling with you and Megan too." I told him. More like pleaded like a child.

Nat's girlfriend Megan is the most chill person I know. She studies in Taft so Nat seldom brings her to hang out with our squad. But she's not like those jealous girlfriends who gets angry with her boyfriend for hanging out with girl friends. I just love her.

"Sure, I might even end up third wheeling." He rolled his eyes and we laughed.

My mood lifted up two tiers today after the delicious food and much-needed music talk and concert plans with Nat. Or maybe live every day like it's your last day under the sun, my favorite band says. This is why I have become the clingy person that I am today. I try to seize the day as much as I can and rely on my friends to keep me out of my head. Spending time with them makes the bad thoughts go away, or at least hidden until I am alone again.

After lunch Isla finally replied. The nap princess joined us and spent the rest of our free time at Nat's apartment. We spent a few hours before our next class talking about anything under the sun and once again I was distracted from my heavy thoughts.