CHAPTER~4 (Final)

I target it ‘How can you kill my target’

I point it to Adrianus, his face was worth- watching

‘Adrianus… Oh, Adrianus. How can you think so low of me? I mean do you think your friend won’t even know your blood type. Or do you think that I don’t understand body language or when a person is nervous his heartbeat fastener? And thank god for that day I went to Aadi’s house and saw that report on his table.’

Confusion was filled on his face, ‘What do you… How and what report?’

‘Allow me…’ Aadi walked behind him and taking the same position as before said ‘You know you said “Sometimes the least suspected is the most suspected” you were right although you were a little late to give a clue also next time hide the bandage on your shoulder which you, unfortunately, forgot to hide in the restaurant. And for your information learn how to control your body language, like when Chevelle told you she thinks “I am Orphée” you pass a slight smile with parted lips means you were relaxed but when I appear you have dilated eyes means you were angry. Well, that all was enough to tell, you were Orphée but over that...’

I threw a file on his face and say ‘The report I saw in his house’ reading it he got crazy.

‘You fake brat how do you know I have been supplying blood and organs illegally?’ with a chuckle Aadi said ‘Contacts Bro. And for your kind information, I was working on this case from the start but undercover. Because the agency doubted that someone from our agency was the criminal, after all, who knows how our agency’s system works?’

‘Chevelle do you also know?’
He asked with sadness in his eyes

‘Nah. Nah! She didn’t know anything until she visited my house.’ Aadi replied with a wink.

Adrianus’s craziness made him do something crazier he snatched the gun from my hand and targeted Aadi ‘Why was she at your house at night?'

'Aadi!' I shouted, my heart was beating fast and my eyes became unfocused.

'I want you and Chevelle to be apart. I want Chevelle and all the others to hate you not me but you see what you did!' Adrianus never listen to my cries and continue.
'Any way you have to be out of her and everyone's life by hook or by crook’

‘WHY? Why do you?

’ I stood between them, facing Adrianus and was about to continue when he said ‘Because you were the one I want to be with..and I tried my best to become the man you want.'

'I never wanted my man to be a criminal!'

'You love those who were known by the whole world for their work and you see I am the most known person in the world now what else do you need.'

My hatred for him was growing with every of his word.

‘Chevelle I love you, don’t you love me?’

I wanted to slap him but instead ‘You know what I want someone famous for his good works not for

‘I tried’ he cut in.

‘But as long as this fake brat was around I couldn’t.’

He walked near me and sat on his knees ‘I even tried to ruin his image by spreading his secrets and dark past so that everyone hates him but…’

He cried even my eyes shed tears but I couldn’t forget he was a criminal who has killed 15 innocents.

‘Chevelle, please say you love me now...'

I walked to Aadi.
‘You know what I saw in Aadi was not his fame but his personality, his kindness to others and his ambition towards his work. Also that day I was just joking around I didn’t mean it!’

I could see how helpless he was but..., ‘You know what you are in my eyes right now…’

He lifted his head as I speak.
‘A. Despicable. Criminal. A criminal who doesn’t even deserve to be killed by my hands and what I said that day was Just-A-Line! I hope you had lived a better life, my friend...’

I turn on heals. ‘It was Not-Just-A-Line’ he said although I don’t want to look back the roaring sound of the shoot made me do.

Adrianus was lying on the ground with blood flowing from his head.
I wanted to cry at that time but tears were not shedding from my eyes.

‘Hello! We have found Orphée. Officer Adrianus Duckworth is…Orphée.’ I called the agency as Aadi hugged me from behind to comfort me.

But I do reconsider my words for a moment
‘Was It Just a Line?’

...*CLOUSER*...