Chapter 11: Poisoned

Start from the beginning

Y/n uses her blade to cut each piece, stopping them from touching her. But she sees Tanjirou slightly struggling and a sharp piece coming directly at him. So she quickly pushes him at the way, cutting the sharp wood with her blade. Only for a bunch of sharp woods to come at her in all directions.

'It was a trap. Damn it!' Y/n uses her blade to cut as much wood as she can from all sides, but some manage to cut threw her skin. 'Shit!'

'Flower Breathing, Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo.' Kanao does a single sword slash that curves and twist gracefully, saving Y/n from anymore harsh attacks of knife-like wood.

Y/n smiles at the butterfly sister, patting her head as a thanks. "Thank you, Kanao."

Kanao freezes, her cheeks are tinted with a light pink shade at the feeling of Y/n's touch. She doesn't reply, just stands still for a moment. 'I- you're wel-I-'

"Tanjirou, Kanao, please cover for me." Y/n says as she backs up to check on her small injurie.

"Right!"

"Tan-"

"I mean, okay!"

"..."

"Water Breathing, Third Form, Flowing Dance!" Tanjirou bravely yells out as he steps in, Kanao following beside him. A small spurt of water relentlessly swiveled around his black blade when he moved in front of Y/n.

She examines her leg, seeing that she's steadily bleeding now. But seeing as there was no poison on the sharp chunks of wood, a weight's lifted off her shoulders. 

She takes the small, sharp pieces of wooden out of her leg and turn her gaze to Tanjirou and Kanao who's in the heat of the battle. Her eyes widen when she sees the amount of kunai's the little girl's preparing to throw at the boys. Which, the number looked to be at least over a hundred.

Pulling herself up, Y/n runs towards the fight. 'Galaxy Breathing, Second Form: Nebula Rings.' Y/n grips her sword as when the black-headed demon released her life-threating. Her stars had done their job of protecting the two from the bombardment of kunai's.

Galaxy Breathing, 2nd Form: Nebula Rings
A slash that aims in multiple direction where the user twists their body to protect themselves (and others) from incoming attacks/projectiles with seemingly diamond shaped white particles from the trajectory of the blade.

It too a few seconds before Y/n dropped her defenses. The girl smiled wickedly and clapped her hands together in celebration. "Yay! I finally got a hit in!" Instead of attacking again, she jumped up and down with joyous cheering. While Kanao and Tanjirou stared dumbfounded, unaware of what she meant.

Tanjirou stared at the jumping child confused for a moment. 'Get a hit in? What does she mean? Wait...' He breathed out in horror as the situation fell down on him, enveloping his mind in a sense of unease and panic. Slowly, he looked over to Kanao, to see that she was perfectly fine, however... Y/n wasn't.

Four kunai's had made it though the rings of her sun-like stars and found it's way to her forearm, and slightly ripping a piece of her uniform long sleeve. The skin around the contact point was slowly morphing into a sickly black and was steadily spreading across her arm.

"Y/n, your arm!"

"I'm fine." Y/n removed the piece of wood from her skin and threw it on the ground as if she hadn't been poisoned, but only scratched. "Let's just kill this demon already."

"We'll see about that!" She argued while equipping a set of crimson-coated kunai's in her left hand. 

Y/n grabbed Kanao's waist and jumped to backwards when the little girl sent multiple attacks at them, temporarily separating the two from Tanjirou. The ground shook as multiple areas of the ground detonate, pushing Y/n to keep lounging back with the raven head in her grasp.