Chapter 6: Growing Feelings

Rika's Pov

I just can't believe what Hikaru just said. It's impossible!

"Then did I-" I tried standing up but My legs felt weak.

Hikaru had a worried look on his face and shouted at me.

"Just sit down will you?! You have a fever and it's near impossible for us to finish our output!" He exaggerrated.

I huffed and puffed my cheeks. I crossed my arms and turn away.

"Well It Isn't MY fault I got partnered up with you! Who'd ever want to get paired with you? You're a sick closet pervert!!" He grew an irk mark and his face got red.

"Shouldn't you at least be thankful that I brought you home?!" He barked at me.

I looked at him and saw that he had sweat dripping on his face.

"Why are you sweating?" I asked as I reach out to his face.

He slapped my hand away and faced me with an expression I've never seen before. But it was terrifying that I froze in place.

"Why?! It's because of YOU Rika! I needed to carry you up here, ask for a spare key to your house, ask your manager if you had any other problems with your health and all of this is just because of you!" I was in shock at his words.

How ungrateful can I be?

I teared up without noticing as I stared at him.

"Do you know how worried I was about you?! I was worried sick that you might never wake up and I'll never even get the chance to say that I like you!" He said out loud and I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Y-You like me?" I asked and he flushed red from embarrassment.

"N-No! Yes! No, I don't like you but I love you!" Then he put a hand on his mouth noticing what he had just said.

I smiled as I felt the tears run down on my cheeks. I started laughing.

"Hahahaha....Hikaru, I like you but I never thought you were such a tsundere" He stomped angrily and made an 'x' sign with his hands.

"I am not a tsundere!" He denied and I just laugh.

My phone rang and it was my manager.

"Akira, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks to Hikaru"

"You mean your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?"

"I figured he was your boyfriend since he was overreacting and saying things like 'please tell me! I need to know. I want to be with Akira a bit more. I want to know her better' and such as those" I blushed like a tomato and ended the call.

Hikaru cares for me?

I look at Hikaru and he looked away. But his cheeks had a slight hint of pink.

"I'll go call Haruhi and Kaoru to help us with our output. The Teacher didn't say anything wrong from helping another pair right?" He asked as he took out his phone.

"Yeah, it's okay" I answered.

He called them and I look at myself and him. We were still in our uniforms. I stood up and walked slowly to my room without Hikaru noticing. I looked for clothes that my brother used and took it so Hikaru can use it. And in the meantime, I changed wearing something more comfy.

I wore something comfy (just like in the pic). I tied my hair up in a bun and went out to give Hikaru the spare clothes. He just looked at me.

"What's that?" Hikaru pointed at the clothes.

"Change. It's designer clothes from France so you don't have to worry about it being a commoner's wear" I explained and he faced me with an 'oh I got it' look.

I gave him the clothes and showed him the bathroom near the kitchen. Not shortly after, Kaoru and Haruhi came in with their output and some materials.

"So where's Hikaru?" Haruhi asked.

I point to the bathroom. And as if on cue, Hikaru came out. Once he spot Kaoru, he came running into his arms.

"Oh brother you don't know how much I've suffered!!" He fake cried.

Kaoru played along and held Hikaru's hands.

"It's okay, I'm here now" Kaoru said.

Haruhi took notice and came near me.

"Rika, has your fever gone down?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Mhm...But I still can't do much and we need help finishing our project. And have you ate yet?!" I got worried and tried to stand up but fell on the couch again.

"You should probably rest, Leave everything to us" She assured me.

I gave her some notes from my notebook.

"I've made some rough sketches for it but I haven't finished it yet. Hikaru will just do it anyways" Then Haruhi looked at me with her brown orbs.

"Rika, this is the first time I've heard you rely on someone. Have you possibly-"

"Possibly, Maybe but not Fully" I smiled as I laid my head on the rest.

I don't know but living an imperfect life seems good as well. I never thought I'd be like this, I think I'm starting to like this life.