"No you're not. Especially not when Vittore is overstepping his boundaries." Tobias mentally groaned.

He was obviously jealous of Vittore's recent fondness with Eniola but he knew there was nothing he could do about it.

"I think he has the right to do whatever suits him." He forced out and Varo let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Bullshit. I could see you shooting daggers at him with your eyes during the meeting. Right to do whatever suits him mi culo." My ass. There was no giving up with Alvaro. "Would you like me to threaten him a bit? Scare off the bastard for you?"

"Just leave him alone. I have enough to deal with—"

"And that's exactly why I'm volunteering to help. You have a lot going on and a love triangle is the last thing that needs to be added to the fucking mess." He shook his head in defeat.

"But I was the one that asked for space." He replied, making Varo scoff again.

"That does not mean an ordinary member of the family can just swoop in like he's fucking Superman. Mateo, understandable, but Vittore? Who the fuck does he think he is?" Eniola's current love interest.

"Varo, just let the both of them be."

"Then you'd be single for the rest of your life? Fuck no."

"There are other women."

"I know you. There is no other woman."

"Alvaro..." He drawled tiredly as he sat on the patio.

"Gatito..." Alvaro literally purred.

"You're a child."

"A bit rich coming from a kitten."

"You did not just—"

"Oh I did." Tobias huffed loudly but decided to say nothing. He unfortunately understood the double entendre from Varo. "I'll have a little chat with the bastard then, si?"

"No."

"Oh come on!" Varo whined.

"Seriously, I'm done with this topic. Why are you even on the phone with me? I thought you had an assignment?" Tobias asked, remembering he had given Varo some work to do.

"Uh, I love you?"

"Varo..."

"Fine. I was hungry so I decided to take a break and also call to apologise. Riccardo has it covered and Xavier and Felipe are done with the gym and your office too."

"Oh? Alright." Tobias was relieved he now had his own space. It seemed Enny was planning to stay with him for a bit longer and not that he minded, but he was a very private person and at times, he needed some time alone to collect his thoughts.

"Alright?! Riccardo is going to try to murder me with his training sessions." Varo complained with Tobias silently agreeing.

It was true gym workouts were a bit intense once Riccardo came into the mix but it had never been something he was not able to handle but he had not lifted a single pushup since he arrived in New York.

"You're just lazy, Varo." He noted and the lawyer gasped.

"How dare you?"

"You called me a coño a moment ago. Now go back to work."

"Did I hit a nerve, mi amor?" Varo asked.

"Have a good day."

"I love you, gato." The clown just had to purr again.