Chapter 3: Good Form

The Lost Boys chanted while Henry Mills watches them from a distance. One Lost Boy, Devin, approaches Henry nudging him with a stick."So, you're the kid Pan has been looking for all this time."

This time he nudges Henry harder. Henry backs away. Devin attacks Henry playfully. Startled, Henry jumped out of his reach." If you can't take this, how are you gonna handle what Pan has in store for you?"

Looking down Henry notices a stick lying on the ground. Nodding Devin encourages Henry to pick up the stick. As soon as Henry is armed Devin charges. They engage in a playful fight."Not bad." Pan approached the two."But wouldn't it be more fun, if you had real swords? This is Neverland and you have the heart of the truest believer. You can use whatever you want."

Pan places a hand on Henry's shoulder. "You just need to believe, Henry. Close your eyes and believe you're holding a real sword." Henry closes his eyes. Opening them again he's holding a blade in hand."What are you waiting for? Go on."

Henry charges Devin. Watching them, the Lost Boys cheer."Go on! Go for it! Keep going! Come on!" With one stroke of his sword Henry cuts his opponent's stick in a half."Come on, Henry!"

Charging once again, Henry hits his opponent, drawing blood."I'm sorry. It was an accident."

"Henry. Don't you know the best thing about being a Lost Boy?" Peter Pan hands Henry his sword back."You never apologize." Peter Pan encourages Henry to raise his arm in a victorious gesture.

"You need a hand, luv?" Hook asked.

"What is that,some twisted joke?"

"No, I'm quite serious." Hook said.

"What is it?" Hope asked, starting to stare at the wall lined with slashes.

"It appears Neal marked his days trapped on this island." Hook explained.

"Is something wrong?"Mary Margaret asked, as she noticed Emma step on top of a rock to examine further.

"Look here. Neal stopped counting."

" 'Cause he got off the island." Mary Margaret said.

"He was here longer."

"Then why would he..."David started.

"Because he lost hope."

"You got that from scribbles?" Regina asked, nearing closer from where she had been standing on the other side of the cave.

"I got that because it's what I did every time I went to a new foster home. I counted days until counting seemed pointless."

"You think the same thing is happening to Henry." David said, and with that he watched his daughter's eyes shift away again. "Hey. We're gonna rescue him."

"Yeah, I know that and you know that, but Henry doesn't know that. Pan wants him to lose faith.

"There isn't a post office from what I've seen around here. There's no way of getting him a message." Regina added,"What are you suggesting?"

"We take a page from Pan and we start being clever. We need to send a simple sign, a sign that we're coming."

"Right!" Regina began, "With Lost Boys running about, trying to kill us all?"

"Maybe it's time we use that to our advantage." Mary Margaret suggested."Follow me. I'll show you."

"Swan..."Emma had tried to follow after Hope, David, and Mary Margaret. She had for a moment when Hook stopped her.

"What? We're wasting time, pirate."

"I just wanted to let you know that I do know what it feels like, to lose hope." Hook said.