Chapter Thirteen

If hell was going to break lose, it might as well been now.

                I have seen unorganized places (my room, for example), but this place was a battle field.  Balls were thrown as if lives depended on it.  Guys took something so stupid, so seriously.

                I just stood there with my arms crossed, waiting to get hit.  I seemed to repel every spiral object that came in my direction—why can’t I do that with people?

                After zoning out a little bit, I tuned in when Trevor got hit.  “Darn it.”  Trevor said sarcastically and grinned.  He left me with three on three.

                “Come on sweet heart, throw a ball.”  One of the guys tossed me one as he got hit in the skull with a dodge ball.  “OWW!  FRICK!”

                I turned my head to the culprit; an angry looking Ryan.  He looked me in the eyes and mouthed mine.  Wait…was he jealous that he called me sweet heart?

                I shook my head, and a ball rolled to my feet.  Picking it up, I focused on Ryan, who was momentarily distracted.  I have terrible aim, so instead of his head it hit his…butt.

                He turned around immediately, and looked around.  I busted out laughing.

                “Not funny.”  He hissed.

                “No…”  I was laughing really hard.  “That was, freaking hilarious!”

                All he did was give me a meaningful look and go to sit on the bench. My team took out the other two guys.

                “Did you see that?”  I didn’t bother to whisper to Trevor when we started game two.

                “Yes, we all did.”  He rolled his eyes.

                “And?”  I pressed.  He looked at me blankly, then smiled and fist bumped me.

                “You’re, like, the only one who can do that, you know.”  He told me.

                “Why?”  I asked.

                “Because you’re his mate.”  He said in a duh tone.  “I really don’t think any of the other guys would risk trying to go after him in his own game.”

                “Well, I guess I beat the best—“

                Bonk!

                “What the hell?!”  I looked around…it felt like I had just been hit in the booty.  But-but that’s impossible; I wasn’t even facing the direction for that!

                I turned to the opposing team and Ryan’s face was bright red.

                “Son of a bitch.”  I cursed, and marched straight over the line and up into his face.  The coach yelled at me to get back over the line, but I ignore him.  “One, don’t ever do that again.  And two, how the hell did you do that?!”  I hissed at him.

                “Bounced off the wall just right.”  He grinned.  “And I think I own all the rights to do that.”

                “Um, from your little stunt at lunch, I assumed my message got through to you.”  I frowned.  Ryan frowned himself, and softly touched my elbow.  He gave a slight tug, and I got the message to start walking.  We went to some bleachers where we could talk alone.  I wanted to talk too; I honestly would prefer not repeating the pain I experienced.  

                “I’m sorry—“

                “Don’t even start with that.”  I interrupted.   “You’re not.  And what the hell anyway?!  I’ll let you come to me?  Not two hours later you’re trying to make me jealous?  Why can’t you idiots realize that will never work?!”

                “Idiots?  Hey!  At least we are not stubborn brats!”  He complained.

                “Really?  How am I being a brat?  All I want to do is get the hell away from you!” I tried not to yell.

                “See!  There’s the bratty part!  You just won’t accept me.”  He argued.

                “No…no, that’s wrong.  It’s the logical part.  I would never accept you if you were the last guy on Earth!”  I balled my fists.

                “Really?  Original.”  Ryan scoffed.

                “Well, sorry.”  I tried to control my anger.  “Sorry I’m not the perfect slut you’ve always dreamed of.”

                “What are you talking about?”  He shook his head.  “Listen; I didn’t mean to hurt you.  And…I don’t know.  I don’t know if I can wait any longer for you.”

                “It’s been a day.”

                “Two.”

                “That really doesn’t make anything fucking better, does it?!”  I growled.  “I’m not going to lie and pretend that the eighth grade never happened.  You ruined me to the point I didn’t even want to live anymore!  I want to go home!”  I couldn’t help but whine the last part.

                “Home?  This is your home; always has been.  Consider your trip to Alaska a vacation.”  He fought back.

                “A vacation?!  The people there were more family than my own!  I had a future there!  But right now, I will not be your little slave.  I’m not going to be your mate!”  I spit the last part.

                By this time, Ryan was shaking.  “It doesn’t matter anymore!  GROW UP!  You are MINE and wither you accept me or not, you’re future will be with ME.  Understood?!”

                That’s when the boiling pot inside me spilled over.  “WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO?!!”

                As I breathed heavy breaths, I noticed the gym was completely quiet.  Everyone in the other dodge ball game had completely froze to stare at us.

                Hot, angry tears swelled up, but I refused to let them fall.  Before Ryan could reply something pathetic like I’m your Alpha, I stuck my finger at his chest, and in the darkest voice I could mutter, I said “Don’t ever speak to me again.  Don’t ever talk to me again.  Don’t ever look at me again.  We will forget each other, and you will find someone more suitable.  If you ever break one of these, will not hesitate to chop off your balls and shove them down your throat.”

                And with that, I turned on my heels and left the gym.