Chapter Two

After hours of hysterically screaming and throwing anything that could be fixed, I composed myself.

                Checking my email, he was right; first class tickets to leave tomorrow morning.

                I paced.  Why is this happening to me?!  I muttered curse words, then to relax my mind, I focused back on my homework…until I realized it wouldn’t matter anymore.

                Three years ago, I moved to a small town in the middle of Alaska.  I had requested to the old Alpha to let me live with my uncle, since my…depressing situation had taken all my reasons to stay away.

                I was born into my family without the ability to shift.  I was pretty much out casted at a pretty young age.  Even though I couldn’t shift into a wolf, I had the extra senses like powerful smell and keen eye sight, and over time my body developed perfectly, like a model.  But that was after I moved.

                Alpha Blake asked his son to be my friend when we were six; if the future Alpha liked and respected me, everyone else would do so.  We instantly became closer than possible.

                When we hit twelve, Ryan’s transformation into a “hunk” occurred, which left me feeling strange to be around him.  Ryan started spending more time with a cocky group of boys who didn’t like me.

                When we were in the eighth grade, we were especially distant.  But then he asked me to this big dance.  I got dressed up all pretty with the ultimate urge to impress him.  When I arrived, he was making out with another girl, and evilly smiled at me.  “Did you really think I seriously meant to invite you?  Look at you; ugly as hell!  You’re never going to be good for anything, not even cheep jobs like prostitution or stripping.  I’m the soon-to-be Alpha, and you will never be like my mate.  In fact, you don’t get a mate.  You were born wrong, and that’s how you should be treated.”

                I ran out of the place with people laughing, and I cried harder than I ever have before.  I went to Alpha Blake for comfort, who easily provided it.  He said he would punish his son, but I wanted more.  I wanted to get away from there, and forget I ever loved him.

                When he said he’d think about it, my heart sank.  That’s an adults way of putting no gently.

                When I went into high school, I was shoved every day, called a whore, and harassed.  I went into this dark state of mind, dyed my hair and cut.  Cutting helped me a lot, but not nessicarily my health.  Finally, the cocky group tested my final nerve of self control, and I punched the future Beta; probably breaking his nose.  I ran away, knowing how severely they would hurt me if I stayed.

                Skipping school and arriving into Blake’s office, I demanded to leave right then.  When he said he couldn’t, I showed him my scars and promised him I kill myself if he didn’t let me go.  He found a plane that left in the next thirty minutes, and with no luggage, I was gone.   He sent it all later.

                My uncle was usually drunk and didn’t care if I was here or not.  I found some good friends who got me back on the right track.  I got my grades up, got a job, raised money for a car, bought a car, and gained back my self esteem.

                Now it was for nothing.

                If I stayed, they would send people to take me, which there pack is legally allowed to do unless I was mated to somebody here.  But, that’s out since I can’t have one.

                Suicide seemed a little harsh.

                God, there was nothing!  There was nothing I could do!

                I have to go back.

                I don’t want to go back.

                But I have to.

                Bloody hell.

                Trying not to let tears fall from my cheeks, since I promised myself I would never cry again after that night, I shoved all my shit into two suitcases and collapsed in bed knowing I’d get no sleep.

                My phone buzzed, and I hoped it wasn’t another random phone call.  This time it was a text.  Jay.

                I know.

                I guess he would.  They would have to tell the Alpha when someone was leaving his territory and why.

                Jay is nineteen and a really sweet guy.  He’s been there for me since I first came here and it broke my heart to have to leave.  I wasn’t planning on telling my friends; I just wanted to disappear and never be remembered.

                I’m sorry, was my reply.

                Don’t be.  You can’t stop it and I wish I could.  Do you need company?

                No.  If he came over, it would only worsen they way I’m taking this.

                You’re going to be ok.

                “Ok.”  Yeah, right.  My life is going to shoot back in time to the part I didn’t even want to be a part of life anymore.  I hope.

                I’m only one phone call away.  If they hurt you, I’ll let the council know.  They don’t tolerate Alpha’s like that.

                The werewolf council is just a bunch of old Alphas that make decisions when packs argued.  It’s the second last option; the last is going to war.  Don’t start a war over me.  I’m not worth it.

                Hell you are.  You don’t have any self respect and it kills me.

                Promise me?

                I won’t start a war if you face this problem with a positive attitude, ok?

                Yeah.  It’s easy to lie over texting.

                Ok.  Don’t be afraid to verbally kick his ass.  Be strong, babe :) Get some sleep.

                Thanks.  I said, feeling a little flushed that he called me “babe.”  Though honestly, I will not get any sleep, I tried.  For Jay.