Chapter Four

Trevor turned out to be a good person; he was at the dance when Ryan embarrassed me, and remembered feeling sad when he saw me in my depressing state.  He played hockey, was an “A”-“B” student, and was a overall funny guy.  He promised he’d look after me in school.

                The next day, my car showed up.  I eagerly took the keys and checked it over to make sure nothing was stolen and there was no scratches.  I hand washed it until it sparkled.

                I drove to diner and ordered a milkshake and some cheese fries.  While eating them, I smelled something weird.  Something…good.  Like minty and fresh.  It made me want to find the source, but it was nowhere to be seen.  It confused and almost scared me, so I got out of there as soon as possible.  I locked myself in my apartment to make myself made me feel safer.

Ryan’s P.O.V.

                I was spending my spring break just how I should; partying and hitting on girls.  To be honest with you; I don’t sleep with them.  Some people think I do, which offends me.  I just want to find my mate, who’s been eluding me way to long.  I thought if I interact with some of the chicks in this town, something would just click and I’d finally have her.

                I was a little pissed; so far there was nothing.

                I was just taking a drive when I smelled something through my open car windows.  Like…sweet flowers.  I was drawn to it, and turned to where I thought I lead; an old diner.  Opening the glass door, I gazed inside.  It was practically empty. 

                Up at the bar area, there was a empty seat with a half finished plate of fries and a milk shake.  I walked over to it; there was pink lip balm on the straw.  The seat was still warm.

                “Can I help you, sir?”  The waitress asked, winking.

                “No.  I was just trying to find someone.”  I shrugged and went back to my car.  Part of me was convinced that she was there.  If she was in town, I would stop at nothing to find her and never let her go.