Chapter Seven

Too many feelings rushed through me at once; all from safety to fear.  The voice sounded smooth and compassionate towards me, but it was pissed off.  I kept my eyes down, not wanting to look anyone in the eye.

                The arms let go of me and the Beta stepped away.  “I’m sorry; I didn’t know.”

                “Parker,” the voice sighed, “Too far.”

                “I know—“

                “You’ve been over using your power lately.”  He criticized.

                “Yes, Alpha.”  Parker said and chills went up my spine.  It…it—

                I heard Trevor rise besides me, and I used him as a shield to hide myself.

                “Get lost.”  I heard the Alpha command his boys, and it got really quite.  “I’m sorry, Trevor.”

                “No big deal.”  Trevor shrugged, trying to save his pride.

                “Would you mind…stepping aside?”  The Alpha asked, a slight chuckle emerged from his throat.  Trevor had no choice but to move, and as soon as he did, I no longer saw the back of his shirt; I saw the forest green eyes of the sexiest guy I had ever seen.  He almost mirrored my clothing because of his dark jeans and black shirt, which totally gave off the impression he was buff.  His dark hair was a just-got-out-of-bed attractive mess, and his smirky-smile was the same as always.  The same as I remembered it.

                “La…Lauren?”  He gasped, and it hit me.  His words.  The words he chose at the night of that dance.  He doesn’t want me.  And now…now I was eternally bonded to him!

                The pain of knowing we would never work stabbed me in the heart, and I ran away.  I ran into the lunch room and out the doors to the court yard.  The voices calling me had long died.  I felt completely alone.

Ryan’s P.O.V.

                My brain kind of died the moment I saw her.  While she was wrestling with my Beta, I had completely lost it!  I had only seen her from the back, and I had known it was her.  I was still stuck in a trance until she shouted.  After I verbally punished Parker and sent them away, she revealed herself as…Lauren.  My best friend, Lauren.  The one I had brutally humiliated.

                When she ran, I felt like shit, because I knew exactly why.  I was a jerk!  “Damn it!”  I cursed and clenched my fists.

                “That’s just messed up.”  I heard Trevor mutter.  I was going to yell at him when I realized he was right; and it was my fault.

                I let my back slide down the wall.  I was weak, and Alphas weren’t weak.

                “What do I do?”  I asked to myself.

                “Fix it.”  Trevor said, like I was talking to him.

                “You’ve got a lot of nerve—“

                “Excuse me for my rudeness, Alpha, but you should hear me out.  I’ve only known Lauren for the past week, but she’s trusted me enough to dump her entire past on me.  You really broke her.”  He sighed.

                “And how’s that supposed to help?!”  I barked.

                “I guess it doesn’t.”  He shrugged.  “But the point is, is that she needs you, and you’re going to need her.  You need to convince her…that…”  He thought.

                “Convince her that I regret my mistakes and that I can love her?”  I struggled not to add again.

                “Something like that.”  He picked up his papers and walked away.

                I got up and went my own way.  I needed to figure this out.  I need her accept me.  But, how?