Chapter 9

Chirp-chirp

The crickets outside were obnoxiously loud. 

After a while, I started to get sleepy from the steak I finished eating, and it was just me and Dee at the table. Vicky had to be dragged away and calmed down by Glam since she got really drunk from all the beer and Heavy got food poisoning, clutching his stomach and racing towards the bathroom. It was chaos for a moment. 

It was a comfortable silence between us. We didn't really talk much for a extended period of time. He was on his phone texting someone and I was just staring off in space. 

Curiously, I glanced over his phone to see that he was using a group chat with somebody. What was even more surprising was that his username was metal 4708. 

My head was filled with shock. 

It's him???? It's actually him? What a small world we live in, huh, I don't even know that I would actually meet him in person, I hope I didn't make a bad impression on him, what if I did somethi-

My head was exploding with a jumble of different thoughts and worries that I didn't even realize that Dee was staring at me. His eyebrows furrowing together, with an annoyed grimace. 

Uh-oh 

"Why are you looking at my phone?" his eyes narrowed.

"I..uh.. was just admiring your phone case!"  I laughed nervously, my eyes adverting the other way, and beads of sweat were starting to form on my forehead. 

I was blushing furiously, my eyes darting back and forth. 

In my peripheral vision, I could see Dee sigh and looked back on his phone

He seemed pretty sad.

I guess I should tell him..

But what if he doesn't believe me??