6 - GUILT

"My head is fucking killing you", you groan, still struggling to open your eyes

"Maybe next time", don't drink so much.

You swiftly sit up hearing the voice. You scan the room.

"Why am I in your bed?", you dopily ask.

"You came home shit-faced last night. We didn't do anything if that's what you're wondering. You were talking a whole lot of crap."

Your memories were slowly coming back to you in bits and pieces; getting drunk, kissing the neighbor, telling Toji which he didn't believe luckily.

"Where are my keys?", you say frantically searching the bedsheets and under the pillows.

"Relax. I'm not gonna take them from you again. They're on the dresser. Here." Toji hands you a mug.

"What's this?"

"Black coffee. Helps with hangovers."

Hesitantly, you take the mug, staring at him with a confused expression. You bring the mug up to your nose.

"What did you put in it?"

"Cyanide. Just drink the damn thing woman." He rolled his eyes getting tired of all your unnecessary questions.

You grimace at him but taste the coffee. "Can't even make a cup of coffee right", you say taking another sip.

Toji stood up from the edge of the bed and moved to the window, opening the curtains causing the sunlight to hit your face directly.

"Come on. Close the curtains. The light is too bright."

Letting your eyes slowly adjust to the brightness since Toji wouldn't listen, you check the digital clock on the dresser. It was 10:23 on a Monday morning, meaning Tsumiki and Megumi must've already gone to school and the twins must've been awake too.

You smelled like stale alcohol and self-pity so you head to the bathroom for a much-needed shower, dragging your feet as you go. You set the water as cold as you could take it, hoping the temperature would help clear your head. Stripping your body of your clothes from the previous night, you step into the shower and under the water.

The thought of another man's lips on yours came into your mind again almost instantly. The guilt flooded your thoughts no matter how much you wanted to forget.

Kissing a dude I haven't known for twenty-four hours... What is wrong with me?

Sure he was handsome, hot, really hot, but that was beside the point.