CHAPTER FOURTEEN ⎯ PARADOX PSYCHOSIS.

Start from the beginning

"I'm you, just 14 days older." Younger Five said calmly, not breaking eye contact from Older Five. "I have pubic hair smarter than you." Older Five said, making me cough awkwardly. "How's that possible?" Luther asked confusedly. 

After a few minutes of silence, Younger Five spoke up. "You see, one hour from now, on the grassy knoll, before the president is killed, you break your contract with the Commission. I already know you're thinking about it. All those years in the apocalypse, we never stopped worrying about our family." Younger Five explained. 

"Well, today, you are going to do something about it. Today, you are going to attempt to time travel forward to 2019. However, you are going to screw up the jump and end up in that twip of a body" I continued for Younger Five. He rolled his eyes at me. 

"Even if I was to believe you, what am I supposed to do about it?" Older Five asked me. "I need you to jump." Younger Five said. "If you don't jump, I cease to exist." Younger Five continued. "What we need from you is to jump correctly." I said politely, making sure not to tick him off. 

"I'm listening" Older Five said, looking actually interested in our plan. 

"The first time though, I got the calculation wrong. That's how I ended up in this body." Younger Five said. "But now, we know the correct calculation." I continued for him. "What is it?"

"I'll be glad to tell you. . . In exchange for that briefcase you're holding under the table." I said with a cheeky smile. Five and Luther took a quick peek under the table to see if it still was there. And indeed it was. "So you go back to 2019, as planned, but this time with the right math, so you remain a full-grown man." I said after. 

"In exchange, we get that briefcase that you no longer need." Luther explained. "Timeline restored, paradox resolved."

"Everyone goes on existing happily ever after." I said with a innocent smile. "That's quite a bit to take in." Older Five said with a sigh. "What do you think?" I asked. We all edged at our seats, excited to hear his answer. 

"I think. . ."

"I need to piss."

"Oh." I simply said as I watched Older Five get the briefcase and walk to the bathroom. After I watched him walk inside, I turned my head to see how Five was doing after he- well-  just met himself. "Well, besides the flop sweat, I think that went pretty well, am I right?" I said with optimism. 

"No, no, there's something. . . Something doesn't feel right about this." Five said worriedly while keeping a close eye on the door, not breaking eye contact. "What. . . What do you mean?" I asked while holding Younger Five's hands comfortingly. 

"I don't trust him." Five said, making both me and Luther's eye brows raise in confusion. "But he's you." Luther said while concerningly looking at Younger Five. 

"Exactly."

Luther went to the bathroom to check up on Older Five, leaving me and Younger Five alone

Luther went to the bathroom to check up on Older Five, leaving me and Younger Five alone. It was quiet awkward. He was, of course, going through his paradox psychosis and he looked like he will snap at me any second, making me slightly scared of him. 

Instead of speaking, I reached out and held his hand. He looked down at our hands and stared at. No smile, no nothing. Just staring at it deeply. 

"Five, are you okay? Do you need anything to eat or drink?" I asked. He looked up at me and shook his head, not speaking a word to me. 

I sighed.

After a few minutes, Older Five and Luther came out

After a few minutes, Older Five and Luther came out. Apparently, according to Luther, Older Five and him talked and they agreed to make some sort of an alliance. But, of course, Younger Five warned us that he must not to be trusted. 

I really had no idea who to believe. 

Now, we were walking down to the place where Older Five is supposedly going to time travel to 2019. 

Luther and Older Five were walking and talking together since they had an alliance. Meanwhile, I walked behind them both with Younger Five who seemed to be loosing his mind. I held one of Younger Five's hand's while the other was scratching his head violently. 

"Five, you sure you're okay?" I asked concerningly. "Yup! Of course! Why wouldn't I be!" Five yelled out loud, making many people turn and look at us weirdly. "Okay. . ." I said quietly, not exactly believing him. He is and has have lost his mind so I wasn't going to believe 100% of what he was gonna say. 

Oh, god. I hated this so much.

When is it going to end?

1338 words.