CHAPTER NINE ⎯ MORE KILLING.

Me and Five had no other choice but follow along with The Handler and kill the Board

Me and Five had no other choice but follow along with The Handler and kill the Board. I was scared. 

Sure, I had killed a few people in 2019, but this is the 1960. What if everyone was more better at assinanting each other here!? Plus, the Board had around 10 people in it. How the hell am I supposed to kill 10 people at the same time! I did, of course, have Five with me, but I was still scared out of my mind. 

The Handler had given us a piece of paper that had the address of where the Board was meeting at. It was an restaurant. 

Me and Five kept looking at the paper and back at the building since we were scared we would accidentally kill random people instead of the Board. 

"Just stick with me, okay? I know you probably haven't killed a full gang before, and it's pretty easy actually" Five ended with a smile. "Easy for you to say; you've probably killed millions of people!" I exaggerated. 

"I've seen you kill before, and you're pretty good." Five complimented. I gave Five a grim smile back to signal my sarcasm. 

Both me and Five walked in and looked around at the weird looking restaurant. "Excuse me." I interrupted to the lady who seemed to look like a worker here. The lady immediately jumped in surprise since she seemed to be focused in whatever she was doing. "You snuck up on me there." she laughed, making both me and Five smile back like children. 

"If you're looking for the cookies, we don't put 'em out till 3:00." The lady said with a toothy smile. We smiled as if we were excited, "I can hardly wait!" I said excitedly, pretending to be like a child. 

"Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?" Five asked, cutting to the main topic. By "Midwest Soybean Society", Five meant the Board. But they were going by a different name, of course. 

"Sure do. Muskellunge Banquet Room." The lady replied while pointing behind her. "You looking for your mom? She in for the convention?" The lady asked, but we ignored her. Me and Five were looking past her and at the vending machine. "Wanna get some candy, I'm hungry" I said with a huge smile. 

"We can't — We're about to assassinate people, remember?" Five reminded me. I rolled my eyes, "I need a sugar rush to kill them" I said while jumping around childishly. Five sighed before thinking again, "I might need a sugar rush too". I smiled at him and he just nodded

"Hey, could I get some change?" He asked the lady. "Oh, sure, I'll just look in my purse." The lady said with a warm smile. She searched her pockets while me and Five looked eagerly at the vending machine. Well — Five was more of looking past the vending machine and was looking at the door where the Board in. 

Five sighed impatiently. "Only a nickel and a couple of dimes." The lady said while searching the for more. "Oh!" She finally yelled excitedly. "You are in luck, mister." She said with a smile before giving Five some money.