CHAPTER ONE ⎯ FINDING THEM.

Hazel had teleported us to the same place we were in before, but it looked different

Hazel had teleported us to the same place we were in before, but it looked different. I looked around confusedly. Everything was normal. 

"What the hell was that?" Five asked, not even caring about what where we were in. "The end of the world, November 25, 1963." Hazel said calmly. "You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust." I told him. "No shit." 

"What about my family?" Five asked. "Dead, like everyone else." He said simply. "And where am I now?" Five said finally, looking around confusedly like me. "Dallas. Same street."

"Ten days earlier."

"Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them." Hazel said. "Okay." Both me and Five nodded. We walked around and sat on a bench. "So where do we start?" I asked Hazel. "'We'? You two are on your own" Hazel replied. Both me and Five looked at each other hesitantly. 

"I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes." Hazel said, mentioning the donut lady who was from 2019. News flash! Hazel and Agnes got married. 

"Is she...?" I said slowly, making sure I don't trigger any tears or sad memories. "Dead ? Yeah." He said sadly. "Cancer. Took her quick." He talked sadly about the life taking disease. "But we had 20 good years together. I guess forever just wasn't in the cards." He said while looking out in the open, most likely flashbacking about Agnes. "I'm sorry, Hazel." I said quietly.

There was a moment of silence before Five spoke up. "What about the Commission?" He asked. "I quit those assholes, remember? I don't owe 'em the fuzz off my peaches." He exclaimed. "Well then, who the hell are those guys?" I asked him. "Shit." Was all he said before his heart rate stopped. Yes, he was killed in a flash. 

In the last moments, he was able to pass a briefcase to us and he also stuffed something in Five's pocket that my eyes weren't able to catch. 

The shooters started shooting at us seeing that Hazel was now cold dead. Five brought up the brief case and shielded us. Meanwhile, he grabbed my hand and spacial jumped. 

We landed behind a car. "How many times did I say 'bulletproof briefcases'?" Five said while looking down at the damaged case. It had saved us from death. 

We peaked over the car and saw the group of white haired men looking for us. They looked like murderer brothers. Anyway, they managed to spot us and pointed their gun at us. We ducked right on time and spacial jumped again. 

This time, we landed on the roof. We were panting, but we kept it quiet till' the gang left. When they did, Five yet again spacial jumped and we landed in the same alley we fell from. I was confused until I saw that Five was going towards a door. On the roof of this building, there were a lot of cameras and photo equipment. I think we may find a clue to where our siblings are at the moment, which is the first step to solving the apocalypse.