That's in the past. I try not to think about it as often as I used to. But, sometimes, I do go back to it. Even when I don't want to. It creeps up on me, and I fall into an endless nothingness. A blackhole of an emotion stirring up inside of me. And there are times when it would be too much to a point where it almost consumes me. But, I don't let it. The feelings I have for her, and her presence, it's more than enough to keep me going. She saves me. She saves me every time.

"We're here." I whispered as she began to stir into consciousness. "How was your sleep?"

"It was good." Lizzie yawned and stretched. "How was yours?"

"It was okay." I said, gathering our things as we made our way toward baggage claim. "I didn't really get that much sleep."

Lizzie clung on my arm while we walked, her slightly sluggish body resting against my own. I smiled at how adorable she looks with my hoodie on. She doesn't even know it, but I'm overflowing with so much happiness right now. It's insane.

After we got our stuff, we made our way to the parking lot where my car was parked. Lizzie got comfortable and leaned her head against the window, and fell right back to sleep. I made sure to drive as carefully as possible so as to not wake her.

I was initially planning on driving straight home, but we skipped breakfast, so I know she must be hungry. I know that even when she's tired, she always has an appetite for breakfast. So, I decided to drive to Luigi's Cafe so we could get something to eat.

The drive took longer than I anticipated. Even when it's so early in the morning, LA traffic has proven itself to be one of the worst I've ever been in. It worked out well for her considering that she got more time to sleep. But, unfortunately, we're here so I have to wake her up. I parked the car, and carefully opened her side.

"Let's go get some in your system." I said with a smile on my face. "You must be hungry."

"Okay." She smiled warmly, the tiredness in her eyes still visible.

I held her hand as I led the way toward the entrance. I situated us at our spot, and left her there as I went back in line to order. I got us the usual, hopefully it's enough to give her a boost in energy. When I got our order, I carefully held the tray in my hands as I made my way back to our table. Lizzie could barely keep her eyes open while she waited.

"Food's here." I put the tray down, placing her food in front of her. "Eat up, my love."

"Thank you." Lizzie smiled widely. "You're amazing."

I sat across from her, and watched as she tiredly ate her food. I shouldn't be smiling as much but I am. She's indescribably adorable to a fault. Little by little, she is gaining some energy as the food fills her system. But, she looks like a kid who barely got enough sleep as she's eating her breakfast so early in the morning before school.

My phone buzzing inside of my pocket pulled me out of my thoughts. Scarlett's name invaded my screen, surprised that she's calling me so early in the morning.

Y/N- Hey, how's my favorite MILF doing?

S- I hate you. But, anyway, are you guys back from New Orleans?

Y/N- Yeah. We just landed like an hour ago. Why? What's up?

S- Okay, great, because I was wondering later today if you guys want to hang out with me and Rose at this new arcade that just opened up. And plus, my daughter has been begging to hang out with Maya, so what do you say?