[07] night school

[07] NIGHT SCHOOL 

The two girls took Elise's car to Allison's house as she didn't have her own car at the moment. Elise insisted that Allison be introduced to All Time Low on the drive there, a band Allison had never heard of but consequently enjoyed.

Allison's parents weren't home so they grabbed some snacks from the kitchen and headed up to her room which was surprisingly similar to Elise's - but tidier.

⠀⠀"I can study with you until 6, and then I have a date with Scott to go to." she smiled, setting down her study books on the bed.

⠀⠀"Sure," Elise nodded, settling down beside her.

They studied relentlessly for an hour, Allison throwing math equations at Elise for her to solve. She started to make some progress, but after an hour they began to slack on work and started talking.

⠀⠀"So why'd you move here?" Allison asked, doodling on her notebook.

⠀⠀"My dad got transferred her, he works with the police."

⠀⠀"I actually only just moved her, a few weeks or so before you came." Allison said matter-of-factly.

⠀⠀Elise stared at her. "What? Really? But you seem so... adjusted. I mean, you're friends with Lydia Martin!"

⠀⠀Allison laughed, "Well, I'm not even sure how that happened myself. But you're friends with Stiles Stilinski, right?" she said, raising on eyebrow.

⠀⠀"O-oh, well, yeah, I guess, yeah. Can I just clarify we didn't sleep together? It's a long story but I promise we didn't. That'd be... Weird." Elise tried to clear up.

⠀⠀"I thought just as much, but Lydia kills for gossip. Personally, I think you guys are cute anyway."

Elise felt herself blush and frowned to herself angrily. She and Stiles were not cute. Sure, he had his moments, but he was still Stiles.

⠀⠀"Don't tell me you're going to friendzone him." Allison sighed, looking up at her.

⠀⠀"What?" Elise snorted, "That won't happen, he doesn't like me. We barely know each other."

⠀⠀"Okay, okay! All I'll say is that Scott told me that Stiles has been infatuated with Lydia for as long as they've been friends. Then, since the day he meets you, not so much."

⠀⠀"I-I, no- well he might've just gotten over her? That happens all the time. People move on." Elise blabbered, not convinced.

⠀⠀"Yeah, course." Allison nodded, trying to conceal a smirk.

⠀⠀"Oh, shut up," Elise said, suppressing a grin, hitting Allison with a textbook.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

Allison had been anxiously pacing the drive outside her house for the past 20 minutes, running her hands through her hair and looking upset. Scott hadn't turned up yet to pick her up, and was now running what was way past fashionably late.

⠀⠀"Maybe you should call someone?" Elise suggested, unsure of how to calm her down. Just then, as if fate, Allison's phone rang.

⠀⠀"Lydia says we're coming to get you," a voice that sounded like Jackson said down the phone.

⠀⠀"You told Jackson about this?" Elise said incredulously.

⠀⠀Allison ran her fingers through her hair, blowing a strand out of her eye. "Please don't. Okay, I'm sure he's on his way. He's only - 26 minutes late."

⠀⠀"You hear that?" of course Lydia was with Jackson, Elise thought. "First it's "He's only 26 minutes late," a month later it's "He only hits me when he's drunk." slippery slope, Allison, slippery slope."

⠀⠀"We're picking you up." Jackson added.

⠀⠀"No!" Allison pleaded, but just in that moment, a fancy silver car drove up to the house and the window rolled down, revealing Lydia and Jackson.

⠀⠀"Too late. Lydia gets what Lydia wants." Jackson sighed. He eyed Elise warily, and then seemed to deem her acceptable. "Both of you get in. We can stop by his place and see if he's there."

⠀⠀"You can go home if you want?" Allison offered, opening the car door.

Elise reviewed the situation. Stay home, do homework and listen to her dads ramblings about work, or stay out late, driving around town and hunt down Scott McCall. Neither option seemed particularly pleasing, but at least one might be interesting.

Sighing, Elise followed Allison into Jackson's car, not sure if this was in fact the right decision. It was certainly the least boring.

Suddenly she felt Allison's phone buzz against her thigh, and when Allison read the text, she began frowning.

⠀⠀"Is that him with the best explanation ever of why he's half a freaking hour late?" Lydia huffed.

⠀⠀"Not exactly."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

⠀⠀"What're they doing in there anyway?" Jackson said, asking the obvious, as the four of them looked up at Beacon Hills High. The school looked dormant, all the lights were off and there was no noise coming from inside.

⠀⠀Allison shrugged and showed Jackson the text again; meet me at school - URGENT. "All I got was that."

⠀⠀"They lock the doors at night, you know?" Lydia sighed, staring at her nails with a bored expression.

⠀⠀"That one's open." Allison pointed to one of the doors that had had the lock broken off of it and was ajar.

⠀⠀"I think it's pretty obvious what happened." Elise spoke up.

⠀⠀"They broke into school, yeah." Allison sighed and grabbed a flashlight from the car before jumping out and walking towards the door.

Elise followed in pursuit, not wanting to spend an hour alone in the car with Lydia. Jackson also jumped out, which surprised all three girls.

⠀⠀"Do you want me to come with you?" he offered.

⠀⠀"It's okay, Elise will come, won't you?"

⠀⠀"You bet!" Elise cheered sarcastically, glancing at the sinister looking school.

Jackson didn't look convinced, in fact he looked like he actually cared - something that, considering the short time she'd known him, she didn't think he was capable of doing.

⠀⠀"Hey, Allison-"

⠀⠀"You have this look like you're about to say "be careful."" Allison cocked an eyebrow at him

⠀⠀"Well, I am concerned."

⠀⠀"That's a good look on you. Don't worry, I'll be right back." she winked and turned back towards the door.

Elise cast a look at Lydia, who did not look happy. She had clearly seen the whole scene between Jackson and Allison, which was frankly, kinda uncomfortable.

Not wanting to put off entering the dark school any longer, Elise scrambled after Allison who walked straight up to the doors like she was on a mission.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

based off of 1x07 "night school"

IDK HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS BUT HERE U GO

my birthday and first GCSE exam are in 2 days omg kill me I'm so stRESSED

y'all should follow my twitter @spidergwehn;)