Basundhara thought all these as she stared at the photograph in her hand. The photograph of Mr and Mrs Sidharth Dewan. The couple smiling at each other holding each other's hands. This was taken in Switzerland where they went for their honeymoon. It was a week after that night. She was finally happy as he was giving her attention. He was spending nights with her. He was avoiding going out. Finally they were living the life of a real husband and wife. At least that's what she believed. But soon her misconception was broken and she realized old habits die hard. A month later he was back with his friends, partying around. She knew he had slept with someone a few times.

Is she still thinking about him despite what he did? The answer is yes. He is and he will be always on her mind.

Sidharth is a handsome guy. His charm attracted every girl and they got weak in their knees seeing him. Basundhara was not an exception. She was in love with him since the day she saw him. Getting married to him was a dream come true. His mere stare had the power to melt her insides. And he still has that power on her. She gets infrim when he is around. That's the reason she avoided talking to him. This meeting today took her back to those old days.

She remembers what he said.. He was correct about being an awful husband. He was guilty of infidelity. But he never disrespected her or was violent to her. He was clear from the first, not to expect anything from him. But she couldn't stop herself from that. Afterall he was her husband. And in the process of getting him all for herself, she did everything. She even cheated on him too. Just to get his attention, she did what he was doing. However he neither got jealous nor he blamed her. Instead he asked her if she loved Shiv. Yes, he was wrong but is she doing the right thing now? Hasn't he suffered enough?

"Basu!"
A voice breaks her thoughts and she hides the photograph immediately. An average height guy, nearly the same age as Sidharth enters the room. He is fair, short hair, clean shaven and wears an expensive grey shirt and black trousers.
"What is it, Barun?"
"Why didn't you come to Nirupama aunty's house? We were supposed to discuss the case."
"I was not feeling good."
"C'mon Basu, you know how important this is. You should have come. You know tomorrow you will be called into the stand as the next witness from their side. Mr.Ganguly wanted to ensure what you must say tomorrow. Anyways, just remember one thing, he is an imposter and not Sidharth. Just stick to that."

Basundhara stands up and moves to the window.
"Why can't we tell the truth? He is Sidharth. You and I, we all know this. What are you all getting from this? This property won't go to Darshan or his mother even if you prove he is not Sidharth. You are getting nothing from this. Then why are you doing this?"
Barun grabs her arm and pulls her to face him,
"My little sis, have you lost your mind? You know what will happen if we accept that he is Sidharth. Don't you? You want that? We have got enough from this truth that Sidharth died in the accident. Now I can't afford to give away this and my life for your truth."
She doesn't reply but just stares with eyes filled with tears.
"What is it, Basu? Did you meet him? Did he ask you to give your statement in his favour? Did he threaten you?"
"No. Nothing of that sort has happened. But my conscience is killing me. This is wrong."
"And what he did was right? He insulted you every single day. He didn't give you anything, not even your position as his wife in his life. How could you forget everything? Remember the day you cried and told me you can't take it anymore. Remember those days and then tell me what your mind is telling you."

Tanushree stands up and says,
"My next witness is Mrs.Basundhara Dewan."
Basundhara stands up, steals a glance at Sidharth and walks towards the witness stand. She wears an off-white Lucknow Chikan saree. Her hair is tied into a tight bun and she wears no makeup or jewellery except the wedding ring.

"So, Mrs. Dewan, do you accept that this man is your husband, Sidharth Dewan?"
She stares at him. He looked back at her but she could feel his eyes are different. She could see a glimpse of old Sidharth in them.
"No. My husband is dead. That's .. an imposter."
Sidharth smiles back at her and nods.
A shiver runs down her spine and she clutches the railing of the witness box tightly.
"How can you be so sure?"
"I was his wife. I would.. know."
"Did you spend a day with this alleged imposter to find out that he is not your husband?"
"No. I didn't."
"Then how could you be so sure of that?"