Trust the process [camilo x f!reader]

Начните с самого начала

"And I will befriend this girl!"

"Great! Now, go!" Pushing him once again.

Just befriend her. being friends, that's not hard, I do it all the time.

Walking towards her once again, trying his best to calm his racing heart. He was almost in front of her, but when she brushed her hair out of her face, fixing the clip so the hair won't fall off again. He lost it.

He took a few steps back, ready to go home, but he hesitated. Realizing that he will never have this chance again.

"H..hola."

NO, I MESSED UP, MY VOLUME'S TOO LOW. SHE CAN TELL I'M NERVOUS, I'M PROBABLY LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT NOW

"Hola Camilo! What brings you here?" [Name] looked up from her book, and smiled at him.

He was in cloud nine.

"Oh, uh..." okay, he was not prepared for that question.

Looking behind him, he sees the two peeking at the side of a house, they both gave him a thumbs-up and an encouraging smile.

"...I was just gonna ask you what you're reading, it looks interesting."

Dolores and Mirabel high-fived when they saw Camilo sitting next to his crush, finally engaging in a conversation.

That was a good start.

~~

Week two.

For the past seven days, the two always talked. Slowly making Camilo less nervous being around her. They would go around the village, helping each other, and after the curly-haired boy is done with his chores, he will hang out with her.

Of course, Pepa noticed. With a loving mother like Pepa, she always make sure that her children were doing okay, even though she have trouble controlling her emotions.

When she was done watering the field she went to find her kids, just wanting to make sure that they were doing alright and not having trouble with their chores.

Her heart melt when she saw her boy talking to a girl, with a wide smile on his face. The smile is different than the smile he always wears, this one is full of adoration and sweetness.

"Ahh, I see that Hijo already found someone for him, hm?" Felix comes up to her, hugging her waist, making pepa lean into her husband. "I can see myself on him whenever I'm with you when we were still dating."

"They look so perfect for each other."

~~

"So Camilo, when are you gonna introduce your girlfriend to la Familia?" Felix asked, having a little teasing expression, during dinner. But what happened next is unexpected.

Camilo choked on his food, shifting into [name] then back to himself, coughing.

Dolores hand him a cup of water, while his father rubbed his back. "Woah, Woah, slow down Hijo, water."

Pepa wasn't happy though, dark clouds starting to form, glaring at her husband, "Mi Amor, you know I wouldn't do that to our child, I didn't mean to." He whispered comfortably, caressing her hand. Soon the dark cloud soon fades.

"Nieto, Are you alright?" Alma grabbed a few napkins, passing them to Julieta, then to pepa, and so on until it gets to Camilo.

"I'm fine, Abuela."

"I didn't mean to startle you-"

"It's okay Papa, I'm fine." He cleared his throat, "she's just... an amiga. we're not dating,"