“She your mate?”

My heart ached then, but I just shook my head and took a deep breath.

“Oh I just thought that…”

Emiliano nudges her to shut up and I laughed. After the awkward silence, Antonio excused us to go upstairs.

“Here I had dad set you up next to me in case you needed anything I would be just next door. Bathroom is right through there and you can just put your things in the closet there.”

It was a beautiful room. The walls were a deep plum color that went well with the dark cherry hardwood floors. The curtains an off white that matched the crown molding along the edges of the walls, but the bed was the best. Four post bed with the most comfortable duvet cover in the world. 

“It could be all yours if you stay.”

I turned my head over to him and shrugged.

“Why do you want me to stay so badly?”

He smiled and came up to me, lying down next to me, swiping a piece of hair away from my face.

“You’ve been through a lot.”

“I know, but you don’t have to remind me every five seconds of just how much I’ve been through, you know.”

I placed my hand on his chest and without thinking, scooted myself closer to him, resting my head on his chest.

“I’m okay, don’t worry about me.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just hard not to look at you and now know or wonder if you’re okay or not.”

“This is why I don’t want to stay here. I’ve got to do this on my own, learn to love myself first and maybe then I’ll be able to live with what has happened.”

He let out a breath and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me even closer against his body.

“I just want you to know that’ll be here for you every step of the way. For whatever reason, morning, noon or night, I’m here.”

I smiled and slowly lifted up my head to meet his eyes.

“Thank you.”

“Anytime.”

I stayed in harms for a while before I shifted myself and noticed the mirror above the bed. I laughed, pointing at it.

“A mirror, really?”

He looked up at what I was pointing and laughed.

“Wow, I never noticed that before.”

“You’ve never been in here before?”

“Once when I was a kid, but this was mother’s favorite room and never let anyone in here.”

“Then I shouldn’t be in here.”

“Dad insisted you stay in here and this will always be your room whenever you decided to stay.”

“But it’s your mother’s.”

“And you remind me of her, so please stay in here and get some rest I’ll tell you when dinner is ready.”

“Okay.”

He then rolled over onto me, squishing me.

“Antonio!”

He laughed, giving me a kiss on the cheek and rolled the rest of the way off the bed.

“Sleep tight Luna.”

“Stop calling me that.”

He just winked at me and left the room, leaving me to my dreams.