"I don't understand why they're taking attendance. This is a school team. It's not that serious." I complain, walking into the locker room.

Like normal, Devin and I are the first to practice.

"I don't know captain, but you bitching about it won't change it." Devin mumbles as he unzips his bag.

I take in a deep breath and exhale all the bull shit I feel right now. "Sorry Dev. I guess I'm not a morning person especially on a Sunday morning when I could be relaxing."

"Oh, I know." Devin smirks at me. "You much rather make breakfast with Juliana right now."

My eyes widen, and my cheeks heat up.

How did he know about that?

Devin peaks over at me. "Don't think I didn't know about all your little dates. I heard Madison and Juliana talking about it. Upset you never told me about it, and I had to hear it from someone else."

Julie talks about me to other people?

"I mean, you heard it from a direct source at least." I brush off Devin's comment. She probably didn't think twice about it. She was probably talking about me in a friendly manner. Right?

"Still. You never tell me anything about her!" Devin whines.

"Devin. You sound like my mother."

More of our teammates enter in the locker room, and I shake my head. "I'll tell you more about it some other time."

Devin looks around the room realizing why I'm hesitant. "I'll hold you accountable for it."

The locker room fills up with more and more guys on the team as 7 a.m. approaches.

Devin and I are completely ready, and I'm talking to Travis, one of our goalies, right now until a hear loud commotion from the entrance of the locker room.

"Parker's back!" Jason, a right wing on our team, yelled.

Suddenly, the locker room exploded with cheers, and Parker breaks through the crowd, smiling, as everyone is cheering him on and giving him pats on the back.

And there's my cue to leave.

I have nothing against Parker, but I don't know. I just don't click with him as much as some of the other boys on our team. I'll never discriminate against him though. I'll still go up and have a conversation with him, keep it friendly because I'm captain, and it's my job.

I leave the overcrowded locker room, walking through the tunnel and out towards the ice.

Stepping on the ice, I knock over the puck tower David normally sets up, and I start passing a puck back and forth, skating towards the net and shooting it in.

I hear another set of skates hit the ice, and I turn to see who it is. Not surprisingly, it's Devin.

"So," Devin skates up to me, stoping in front of me. "I heard Penn State offered you a spot on their team next year as well. Congrats man."

"How did you know that?" I haven't told anyone besides my family. I haven't even told Julie yet, so how does he know?

"I overheard you and coach talking yesterday." Devin says causally.

"I swear you're always overhearing conversations." I joke.

"What can I say? I'm always lurking." Devin skates around me, trying to act mysterious.

I laugh at his stupid antics. As much as his bright personality sometimes annoys me, it always puts me in a better mood.

"Seriously, congrats. That's three D1 offers not to mention two come from Big Ten schools." Devin says while passing me a puck. I easily trap it and pass it back to him. "Are you leaning towards anywhere in particular?"