"You don't have to raise your hand to speak. Just go ahead."

"Sorry," she put her hand back down in her lap. "But uh, my question is about our house fees."

"Okay..." Kiara urged her to keep going. "What about it?"

"Why is it that we pay a higher house fee for coming in later if we work fewer hours? My house fees were almost $400 last night and I didn't come in until after midnight."

"You agreed to these rules before you started, did you not?"

"Well... yeah? It just doesn't make sense though. Why are you taking more money for less hours of work?"

"Why don't you come in earlier to avoid that then?"

"Because I have class and homework. I can't be here that early."

"Then maybe you should find another club to work at," Kiara didn't mean to sound so harsh, but that's just how it goes sometimes. The DJ, bouncers, chefs, security, house moms, etc., all have to be paid out of that fee. She doesn't charge them a house fee to be mean, she charges them so that everyone who works in the club can get paid fairly. And compared to how much the dancers make in a night, that house fee is nothing for them.

"Anyone else have any questions or comments?"

No one said anything, so she just moved on.

"Okay. So, the first thing I want to address is my alcohol cost. You know I don't care about you guys getting free drinks, but if y'all keep abusing it, that's gonna be cut off. And bartenders," she looked over at the group of them all sitting at the same table because they always stick close to each other. "Why are we still over-pouring drinks? How many times do we have to have this same conversation? An ounce is exactly that, an ounce. Not one and a half, not two... one. So start measuring and stop eyeballing because those over pours start to add up at the end of the night. Are y'all hearing me?"

"We're hearing you," the lead bartender, who also trains all of the newbies, verbally answered for the small group of them.

"I'm really talking to y'all," she looked at the rest of them who were still sitting there silently. "Are y'all hearing me?"

"Yes Kiara," the other five bartenders responded.

"Great. Next thing," Kiara glanced down at her laptop. "Bouncers. If I hear that you let one more person in here without an ID, you're done. I do not care how well-known or famous the person is. No ID, no entrance into my club, understood?"

"Yes ma'am."

"And to my dancers," she clasped her hands together and brought them up to her lips. "To my wonderful, beautiful, talented dancers. For the millionth time, this is not a fully nude club. If I hear that y'all are showing pussy in one of my private rooms again, y'all are all done. I will literally fire every single one of you that same night and have an entirely new crew by the next morning. So y'all keep playing with me if you want to."

Kiara carried on the meeting, hitting all of the important issues she wanted to address before giving the floor to Chantal, her lead manager, and Luna, the manager directly under her.

"Where are you going?" Chantal stopped Kiara on her way out of the club after the meeting ended and everyone had started to disburse.

King of Hearts (gxg)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें