I nodded eagerly, and told him to pick out the pizza. We ended up with a large meat-lover's pizza, and a huge plate of Fettuccine Alfredo. 

After we ate, we had bowls of gelato, and then took a walk in the park. "There's a reason I took you out today," Calix said, and smiled down at me, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles in our intertwined hands. "I have something to ask you."

"Shoot," I said, and tucked my hair behind my ears. "I will answer this super special question that involves fancy food and walks in the park."

Calix turned a corner, and I stopped dead in my tracks. In front of us, Damien stood, looking entirely unamused, holding a bouquet of flowers. He handed them to Calix, and Calix in turn, faced me. Damien handed him a small, long, black felt box, and Calix smiled at me. 

"I'm sorry if this is totally lame, but I heard that in high school, people often have these fancy proposals to ask girls to be their girlfriends. So, will you be my girlfriend?"

I laughed, and nodded, grinning hugely, and pulled Calix into a hug. He handed me the flowers, and then opened the box to show a short silver necklace, with the letter C in the center, and two paw prints hanging about a half an inch away on either side of it. 

"You're too much," I said, taking the bouquet of roses, and smelling them. "I so don't deserve you."

"Of course you do," Calix said, and wrapped his arms around my waist as I stood up on my toes, winding my arms around his neck and shoulders, and pressing my lips against his. 

"I'm just gonna go now," Damien said, and saluted us as he walked to his car. 

"Thank you, Damer!" Calix called. Damien waved him off, not even turning around. 

Calix slid his hand into mine, and led me back to the front of the restaurant. "Why don't you stay here, and I'll run and get the car." 

I nodded, and leaned against the wall. It was getting dark and slightly cold, and my feet were hurting from walking in heeled boots. After a minute, I heard something behind me. I straightened up, clenching my jaw and tensing as my heart began to beat the way it did when there was a wolf near. 

But this was not Calix. I could tell when it was him, or Damien, and it was neither. I slowly turned, and felt my heart stop. 

In the back of the alley, his head tilted down, was a werewolf. He was in human form, and it wasn't like I could smell his pack scent, but I knew exactly whose pack he was from. He was here, and he was walking this way. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes, and made a move to walk into the restaurant, where I was safer. But before I could reach the door, a hand wrapped around my arm, and a scream tried to escape my lips- but not before another hand slapped over my mouth. He dragged me into the alley, and a smirk played out on his lips as I struggled to pull away. 

"Well, hello there, beautiful," he said. I looked up at the man, fire in my eyes, and instantly felt like crying. His eyes were bright red, his hair a pale blonde color. He had been in my dreams. He had been one of the wolves that attacked me. "You and your boy here have been giving Alpha quite some trouble, you know. Always getting away before we can catch you, always having your guard-dog around."