Roman:"Not you too Mikasa!"

Eren:"Why does everyone think that the scouts are a joke?!"

Mikasa:"It's not that it's just

But the bell started ringing meaning that the scouts have returned. Roman and Eren got excited.

Eren:"The scouts are back!"

Eren says running to where they'll pass through. Roman grabs Mikasa's hand.

Roman:"Let's go I want to get a good view before the crowd gets too big"

Roman started running while still holding onto Mikasa's hand. Mikasa was about red but it was very hard to notice. The three kids arrive but there were around alot of people.

Eren:"I can't see squat!"

Roman:"Up here guys!"

He says climbing onto a crate. Eren and Roman start watching as the scouts started passing through the gates. They were very excited and Captain Erwin even looked at them. The two kids smiled at him but he simply turned away. Eren and Roman were confused until they looked behind him. Their faces change to one's of horror. The scouts had very horrible injuries and some even had permanent ones, others were missing their limbs and there weren't as many as they left.

Stranger:"Why have their numbers decreased? Weren't there alot more this morning before they left?"

Stranger 2:"They probably got eaten by the titans"

???:"Moses! Moses!"

An old làdy walked out of the crowd.

Old lady:"Where is my son? He should be with you all. Oh Please tell me he made it!"

She says clutching onto a scout.

Scout:"I wish I had better news"

He turns to the other scout.

Scout:"Give it to her"

The scout gives her a piece of clothing which had something inside. He puts it on the lady's arms and she looks at it. She starts opening and it is revealed to be an arm. The lady gasps before she starts crying.

Scout:"I'm sorry but that's all that was left of him"

The woman starts crying even harder.

Old lady:"Was he brave?"

Scout:"Huh?"

Old lady:"Please tell me he stood his ground to the bitter end! Tell me that he's sacrifice gave us a chance!"

After a brief moment of silence the scout spoke.

Scout:"He was brave! But.... He's sacrifice meant nothing so all our other loses its ever the same"

The man shuts up for a brief moment before.

Scout:"THE DAY WAS LOST! WE HAVE NOTHING! YOU'RE SON DIED BECAUSE OF ME! I SEND HIM TO HIS DEATH! I SEND ALL IF THEM TO THEIR DEATHS FOR NOTHING!"

Roman and Eren were listening with wide eyes.

Scout:"ALL OF IT AMOUNTS TO NOTHING!!"

The man screams at the top of his lungs.

(5 minutes later)
Civilian:"Oh sure nothing like spending our hard earned taxes to keep these bastards fat and happy"

Immediately after saying that Eren hit his head with a stick.

Civilian:"WHAT THE?! YOU LITTLE PUNK!"

Eren was about to hit him again but he was grabbed by Mikasa.

Eren:"Hey!"