Prologue

2017 -Althrop Manor

The crunch of gravel was heard as the tires rolled to a stop. Not a second had passed, when the uniformed butlers opened the doors to the black pristine Audi. It's an early Sunday morning with the moon slowly fading away to shine its moonlight on the other side of the world. The sun peeking over the horizon, casting a rosy hue in the sky.

The 2 brothers had already been on the road for a while to avoid the scrutinizing gaze of the press. Until they knew more, they thought it best to lay low. The fewer people that know the better. Getting out of the vehicle they take slight relief in finally stretching their sore muscles that had grown to be stiff from the tedious ride. Each brother wears some sort of casual attire since they really didn't know what to expect.

From where they're standing the gray aristocratic house looms over them, somewhat ominous of what's waiting for them inside. Their eyes scroll down to the doorway to see Lady Amelia Spencer or better referred to by family, Mia, stepping out to greet them. Mia being privileged to a noble upbringing has grown to know how to carry herself as a proper lady. You can see it in the way she walks. Even in heels she manages to walk on the gravel to her cousins with poise. She gives each of them a warm hug.

"I'm glad you got our message," exchanging quick smiles with them before remembering where she was, turning her smile into a serious expression. "Come quickly inside." Extending an arm towards the house and nervously looking out onto the grounds of Althorp estate she asks, "You weren't followed, right?"

Stepping inside the house, William shakes his head, "No, we had another car go out just to be sure."

"Good," Mia sighs with relief. An awkward pause follows as they continue to walk through the elegant corridors. Their steps echoing on the wooden floors while she thought of what else to say. "I'm sorry we only just told you," tilting her head towards them to show slight remorse in her eyes. "But Dad thought it was best if we didn't alert you unless it was utterly necessary."

"What made it necessary?" Harry asked with an arched brow. He wondered how long they've kept this under wraps. Mia took a deep breath.

"The blood results," She paused, "It confirmed she was a match."

Letting her words fill the silent corridors, the brother's exchanged a long glance.

William broke the stare and cleared his throat, "How long has she been staying here?" Even with the blood results, they don't know all the information. Being the oldest he had to set an example, he must remain level-headed. Harry has to remain level-headed.

"2 weeks. If her claims were true we didn't want to risk anyone else finding out. We understand the media frenzy that would occur if they knew," she reassured them with a stern nod.

"Do you believe her story then?" He asked cautiously. He didn't want to get his hopes up. She could be lying and just be distantly related. However, a small part of him wished she was telling the truth.

Mia slowed down and came to a stop turning to face them. "Well, Lizzie and I have only known her for 2 months. When we first met her I just thought she looked familiar. Didn't think much of it," She shrugs, her shoulders rising up and descending with casual grace. "She was wearing a wig on purpose because apparently she wasn't sure if she even wanted to tell us. She wanted to get to know us first. I guessed we passed her test." Mia rolled her eyes.

"She comes off as....cavalier." William responded, scrunching his nose. "Are you sure she's not just looking for trouble?"

"I wasn't finished," Shooting him a pointed look. "While that might seem a very pretentious thing to do, she didn't come off that way." Mia struggled to find the right words. "She had this other worldly kindness about her. She seemed innocent yet..... sad. She has this natural glow that makes you feel at peace whenever you look at her. Hell, whenever you're in the same room as her. She's different in a good way," She said affirmatively. "When she finally confessed her story and her identity.....It all made sense. She looked familiar because she reminded me of her."

A silent lull came between them. Each brother contemplated her last statement. Could it be?

Breaking the silence Harry asked, "Where is she? I think it's time." William agreed and they continued walking.

"She's with Lizzie in the library." She looked back at them with a tender smile. "She likes to read."

At last coming to a stop outside the library doors, they hesitate to open the door. Mia steps aside to let them go through first. Harry's hand grazes the doorknob pausing. He shares a look with William, where he nods his head to give him the go ahead. Taking a deep breath he opens the door.

At first it's not what they expected. They see Lizzie first as she approaches them from a bookshelf to say her greetings. It's been a while since they've last seen her, but it looks like her hair is longer.

With their hearts beating out of their chests, their attention is soon pulled away to the young lady standing up from her chair facing the window. The sun is shining down and illuminating part of her fair face. Her long blonde hair also catches the light giving her a warm glow. She's of average height and as she turns towards them her eyes land on them. She has vibrant blue eyes like the sea and ones that seem to match theirs. 

 It feels as if time has stopped. As if it wanted Harry and William to have this moment permanently engraved in their minds. It was so surreal. It was like seeing a ghost. They knew they would remember this moment forever. It would change the fate of the British monarchy. Harry took a step forward.

"Mum?"