your witcher- geralt

~.~.~

You wrapped the blanket around your shoulders as you made your way towards the laughing witchers, bare feet padding against the cold floor as you walked. You knew that there was a scolding in your future, Geralt not wanting you to be around when the men got rowdy, but the man was foolish to think you'd successfully fall asleep without him or stay on the other side of Kaer Morhen alone.

"Geralt," you nearly whispered, almost instantly bringing the conversation to a halt, the men turning to where you were standing shyly, looking up at Geralt with a small smile.

"Y/n," he breathed with a gentle tone, handing his cup to Lambert before reaching out towards you. "What are you doing down here?" he hummed as you moved into his space, legs brushing against his as you did. "Everything alright?"

"Everything is perfect. I'm just not tired, is all," you informed him in the sweetest manner you possibly could as you looked up at him through your lashes, the conversation once again sparking up around you as the men tried their best to ignore the little exchange.

"Not tired, huh?" he mused, knowing as well as you did that it was a blatant lie, having seen you hide multiple yawns all throughout dinner. Still, however, you nodded, one hand abandoning its hold on the blanket to grip his.

"Completely awake," you insisted and the witcher grunted, a grin threatening to find his lips as he watched you avoid his gaze. "Oh, alright then, it has been far too long since I was left to sleep in a bed all alone," you explained with a little eye roll, hating how quickly he broke you without a single word. "I miss you at my side."

"Hmm," he was shamelessly smiling now, strong hands sliding to your waist as he pulled you into his lap. "I should have known."

"You truly should have, bear," you noted, tugging at the curls of his hair as it fell onto his shoulders. "Can I stay down here, please?" you tutted your bottom lip out as a method of persuasion, knowing that despite himself, even he couldn't deny you a single thing once you did that.

"Possibly," he began, and you could practically melt as he ever so gently wrapped his arms around you in an attempt to guide you into comfort. "If you were to promise not to fall asleep, that is," he bargained, and you groaned.

"Geralt," you sighed, nuzzling your head into his shoulder as he laughed softly to himself, a kiss placed to the side of your head as you pecked at the skin of his neck nimbly.

"I am only teasing you, little love, you can stay for as long as you can bear the noise," he agreed and you offered no verbal response, only smiling as he secured you in the blanket. And sure enough, you fell asleep merely a few seconds after, the noise not being a bother at all as you remained blissfully wrapped up in the arms of your witcher.

~.~.~