Chapter I

As Minnie stepped her feet outside the airport, happiness and excitement filled her heart.

"This is it!" she almost shouted.

This is where she starts to fulfill her dream—to become a great artist, a well-known, and very successful singer. After all the sacrifices she made, following her parents to study instead of singing, they finally let her do what she wanted to do.

Minnie breathed nervously when a car stopped in front of her. Her agency called her and said they'd pick her up. Even though she already signed a contract, she's still nervous, thinking that they wouldn't like her singing.

The car door opened, and a man—her manager—greeted her and let her in the car. He even carries her luggage.

Minnie is excited yet nervous after her manager told her that the CEO wants to talk to her now, so he set up a meeting for them. Her flight jet lag is gone and replaced by an anxious feeling.

It didn't take them long to arrive at the company's building. While going to the CEO's office, the manager explained everything to her and anything she needed to know, even the rooms of the building where she could use them for rehearsals and more.

When they arrived at the office, they quickly got in, and she met with another man who was very happy after meeting her.

They talk for a moment about the contract and projects that are possible for her; she was glad that the CEO liked her audition tape and even asked her to sing for them while waiting for another person.

After twenty minutes of talking with her boss and manager, the door opened, entering a petite yet fierce-looking woman.

"Aissh! Jeon Soyeon, you're so late!" her boss complained to Soyeon. The woman just apologized, then looked at her.

Minnie smiled, bowed her head, and greeted the woman formally. She knew Soyeon since she's her idol and inspiration.

"This is Kim Minnie, our new artist; I want you to show her around the agency." Their boss ordered Soyeon, and she just nodded as a response, then looked at her after.

"Let's go?" Soyeon asked her coldly.

"Uhm, right now?" she asked while looking at the three. Her manager agreed to it and says that they still need to prepare her dorm.

She stood up and followed Soyeon. Soyeon showed her the whole agency, every division, and every room.

She even introduced her to every staff member of the company; later on that day, they got into the music room as per what their boss told them. Soyeon needs to hear Minnie's voice.

"You can sing anything you want; you don't need to sing the whole song. Just some parts." Soyeon told her.

She doesn't know what to sing; she's scared that Soyeon might not like her voice because, throughout the tour, she can feel her coldness.

She talked soullessly, spoke to her, and sometimes smiled at other staff, but Minnie could see that it wasn't reaching her eyes.

Minnie sang her favorite song, Dahlia. When she's in her home country, the song is her lalluby.

She sang some of it, and when she's done, she looks at Soyeon. Then suddenly, a tear slid from the woman's eyes, shocking Minnie.

She didn't know what to do while Soyeon continued crying silently even more, so she walked near her and hugged her lightly.

Soyeon hugged her back and cried for a minute or so. She comforted Soyeon, and when she was done crying, she apologized to her.

Minnie didn't know what happened, but she is sure that Soyeon is going through something—a really harsh and suffocating event in her life.