Chapter 16: Jus' Cuz

Depuis le début

Azusa looks down at her hand, "Oh, nah, she just slipped me her phone number, but I guess the money came free with it." She tucks it away in her pocket. 

Azusa climbs over the railings and gives her a hug. She's roughly grabbed away 3 seconds to early. "FISH STICKS!" Bakugo screams, his face morphing into a sneer. 

Azusa gives Bakugo a sweet forced close eyed smile. 

"You were only 4 seconds and 16 milliseconds ahead of my record!" He jabs his finger harshly into her chest, repeatedly. "So don't go think you're any special!" Azusa grabs ahold of his hand and puts it to his side and replies, "Okay," 

"And, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?" 

Azusa gives him another smile, completely unfazed from his tone. "Not here for you, obviously. And no offense, but school breaks are the only time I get away from your crazy ass." 

He's about to yell at her again when another voice interrupts them. "Hey, Azusa!" Kirishima joggs down the stairs to where she is and loops his arms around her waist, picking her up off the ground a bit in a hug. "Wassup, strawberry." Azusa giggles, ruffling his hair as she's gently put back down. "You were awesome out there!" He says. 

"Thank you, strawberry. It's good to see you-to see everyone. But what are you all doing here?" Azusa asks.

"Bakugo was invited for his performance at the Sports Festival and I just tagged along with him," Kirishima explains, grinning as he wraps an arm around his friend, only for Bakugo to shove him off, scowling. "What about you, Azusa? What brings you to I-Island?" 

She hesitates trying to come up with another explanation, other than that she came with All Might. "Actually, I don't know. Neither do I know what's good for me. You see, I eat like two bowls of fruit loops a day, so-" She gets off by a voice. 

"AZU-CHAN!" She's surprised it isn't 'Azu-nyan'.

Uraraka starts running down the stairs to her, the rest of the group following behind. "I can't believe you're here too!" Azusa and Uraraka continues to hug and make small talk as she explains the the other girls are here too because Yaoyorozu received an invitation here. Except for Ashido and Hagakure. 

"I come from a long line of heroes," Iida states, waving his stiff arms. "It was expected that w were invited here. However, my family is busy, so it is just me." 

"And as for me," Azusa's eyes widen at the familiar monotone voice. She tilts her head and locks eyes with pair of heterochromatic ones as he walks down the steps. "My father was invited, but since he was engaged with hero duties, I was asked to represent him."

"'Sup, bruh." Azusa gives him the classic head nod. 

"Nice seeing you here, Nakano." Todoroki gives her a soft smile.

"Oh, yeah, you never said why you were here, Azusa. Neither did you, Deku." Uraraka points out. Azusa and Midoriya exchange looks, not knowing how to reply, that is until Melissa steps in. "Azusa here, is a close friend of mine. I invited her to the island for the expo and since she had an extra ticket, she decided to bring Deku as her plus one."

Azusa gives a thanks to Melissa then whispers in her ear, "Technically we're cousins." Melissa's smile is replaced with a confusion look, Azusa wanders away as Melissa turns to her. "Wait, what?"  

"Miss Fantasia." Everyone's attention is turned to the new voice. A little boy stands in front of her. "I saw in you in the Sports Festival and I thought you were amazing." This makes Azusa smile because he's probably the first person that's talked about her in the festival without bringing up her mental breakdown on national TV.