Chapter 3: The Shattered Soul

A/N

This chappie is slightly shorter than my usual ones but it was so fun to write. We are approaching the time skip in a few chapters and I'm so so excited. 

Hopefully this chapter is fun to read ;)

As I was writing the story I realized I was listening to a lot of music scores and I typically like reading while listening to them. So I came up with an idea to provide you with music that you can listen to while reading my story.

I made a Spotify playlist that will have a new addition to it as the story goes along. The third song on the playlist corresponds to this chapter. :)

You can find it here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2otIKWcR3th5fkswnUDXNe?si=67f0ff1aa8a1408d

------------

'This can't be true, am I losing my mind? What's going on?'

Naruto couldn't believe his eyes. The Fourth? His father, alive?

'No, this can't be right'

Million questions started filling the blonde boy's head. He could feel emotions bubbling up to the surface: sadness, pain, and anger. Anger at the village, at all the people that wronged him, and the people responsible for his parents' death. 

'Who do they think I am? Sending some impostor, impersonating my father!? How low can they possibly sink?' the teen thought to himself. Finally gaining his composure and remembering his "father" or whoever this impostor was wanted to have a talk with him, the boy responded:

"I have nothing to talk with you about! Who are you even? You can't seriously believe you can trick me with that disguise of yours? I am no idiot, I know all well that my father died all these years ago. What sort of genjutsu is this? Do those goons at the village really think that they can lure me back in this way? No one! No one will interfere with my plans and I don't care if you look like my father. Leave now and I'll spare you and the pathetic Uchiha-teme, otherwise, I would have to kill both of you, I do not tolerate people who interfere with my plans" said Naruto, his eyes dark and blue as deep ocean waters.

"Stop this son! This is not you, I know everything, I know the pain you went through I saw it and I'm sorry I couldn't take it away." Minato pleaded "I'm..." but before he could continue Naruto interrupted him.

"Enough! Don't you dare! Don't you dare impersonate my father and pretend to know my pain! You know nothing" – Minato could see the hurt flash in Naruto's eyes as the boy continued to speak – "I don't care what you say, I don't believe a word you say, I thought of sparing you, but I changed my mind" – Naruto said a wicked grin on his face

"You say you know my pain, shall we test that?" – with that the blonde escaped Minato's grasp and jumped up to the tree branch right above the clearing they stood in.

"Naruto! Stop this nonsense, I beg you!" – Minato said narrowing his eyes – "There is still a chance for you to get back, to clear your name! Please, before it's too late"

But nothing could stop the young blonde as he prepared for attack.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu" – the blue-eyed boy exclaimed. With that hundreds of clones surrounded Minato and Sasuke who sat on the ground still confused about the scene that enveloped in front of his eyes.

"Hey, you kid! What is your name?" – the unfamiliar voice snapped Sasuke out of his train of thought

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha, Hokage-sama" – the boy replied to the Fourth

"All right Sasuke seems like my son is not leaving us much choice, but to fight him. Be ready to fight with all you've got!" – the blonde man said turning to Sasuke, to which the boy responded with a nod.

Suddenly a barrage of kunai flew at them with fast speed and precision which made Minato Hirashin him and Sasuke out of weapons' reach.

Seeing his father's signature flying Raijin made Naruto freeze but then anger filled him as he yelled out "How the hell do you know this Jutsu? How dare you?"

Naruto charged at Minato, Rasengan in his hand, but was too slow as the Fourth caught his arm once again.

"Stop this son!" – Minato yelled

"Not a chance" – Minato heard the teen's voice right behind him

'But how?' the older blonde thought to himself as Naruto's kick sent him flying to the ground

"Easy, I'm not a dead last y'all think I am. For years I studied scrolls on battle strategy, learned various Jutsu and trained at night while you all went to your houses and families. With that, the boy jumped at a stunned Minato, a kunai in his hand. Sasuke tried to interfere but Naruto's clone was fast and Sasuke didn't have enough chakra in him to fight back as he collapsed on the ground.

Naruto's kunai was inches away from Minato's heart as he braced himself for pain, but the younger boy stopped in hesitation. Minato could see some thoughts clouding his son's mind. He spoke calmly:

"You can still change son, come back with me, please! We can be a family again! – Minato noticed how Naruto's gaze softened ever so slightly, tears filling up the young boy's eyes

"You really think so? I really missed you father!" – Naruto's blue eyes turned towards Minato – "I suffered so much all these years, I don't want to feel this pain anymore" – with this an older blonde embraced his son in a hug.

Suddenly Minato felt a sharp pain pierce through his right side, an audible gasp escaping his mouth.

"That's why I can't let anyone interfere with my plan" – Naruto whispered in Yondaime's ear as he pulled a poison-laced senbon needle out of his father's side.

"No, Naruto please" – the Forth muttered before he passed out on the ground

"Well, these ANBU needles sure come in handy!" – said the blue-eyed teen aloud

'Don't you think Kurama?' the boy asked the Kyuubi in his mindscape

"They sure do kid, but you only have several hours before the sleep poison you put them on wears off, so we better hurry and cover our tracks as much as possible. You will need to heavily mask your chakra from now on. You are now a rogue ninja, kit, meaning that you will be in everyone's bingo book. They won't stop searching" – the fox responded

'I know, I know, I will do what it takes to keep hidden, let us head out now and give our snake friend a little visit!' – with that the blonde boy disappeared in the leaves, leaving everything he ever held dear behind.  

A/N 

And done! :) Loved writing this chapter. The next one will probably deal with the joining Akatsuki/visiting Orovhimaru arc and from then on I'll have a few chapters focus on Minato and his POV until we get into our timeslip (yay, honestly can't wait)