Chapter twenty six

Once the group of Slytherin first years were on the train Cassiopeia set off down the isle of the train to find Neville, she found him on the other side of the train in a compartment with Hermione, Seamus and Dean. she knocked on the door and opened it smiling brightly at the group.

"I thought you'd be with Potter and Weasley?" she sat inbetween Neville and Hermione.

"They're staying at school over Christmas" Hermione sighed, "I can't wait to see my mum and dad, this has to be the longest I've ever gone without them" she frowned just as the train pulled out of hogsmede station.

"I'm the same" Seamus chimed in, "me mam says that you get used to it by second year" he nodded to reasure Hermione.

"what about you guys, looking forward to Christmas?" Hermione asked the other three.

"I suppose, its just me and gran though we have a small Christmas" Neville spoke and Cassie took a hold of his hand knowing it must be hard with his parents being in st Mungos.

"mum and I are going to my cousins for Christmas this year so I'm not gonna get a minute of peace" dean shook his head, "I have three little cousins all under six they drive me insane"

"how 'bout you Cass" Seamus asked.

Cassie thought about it for a second, "well im looking forward to seeing our house elf and my sister but other than that its probably going to be filled with ridiculous pureblood nonsense" she stopped and threw her head back on the seat, "its so much better than when I was younger though, before my family practically fell apart we used to have a Christmas Eve ball. It was awful"

"well that sounds... lovely" Hermione said giving her a sympathetic look, remembering to ask Ron about what the hell house elves were after the Christmas break.

She stayed with the group of Gryffindor's until she heard the trolley witch getting ready to do her rounds then she excused herself and made her way back to her compartment. She dramatically threw herself over Blaise and Theo and let out a long breath.

"I need a nap, this journey is far too long for my liking" she hurried her head into Theo's jumper.

"you would think the so called best witches and wizards at Hogwarts would have figured out a way to make the train faster by now" Draco looked out of the window.

"how on earth would a train going the speed of light be explained to the muggles?" Cassie made a face at her nephew.

"who cares about that" Draco replied earning a punch in the arm from Cassie.

Once they'd all gotten snacks from the trolley witch Cassie got herself comfortable in the corner of the compartment and kicked off her shoes throwing her legs over Theo's lap, he didn't mind and started to trace patterns over her shins whilst he carried on talking to the rest of the group.

"only wake me up if we've arried or someone has been brutally murdered" Cassie instructed them.

"I'm going to brutally murder Blaise if he doesn't stop eating my whiz bee's" Pansy shot the boy a look and he gave her a childish grin and popped another into his mouth.

With that Cassie closed her eyes and drifted off too sleep just wanting to be back in her bed.

Finally arriving at kings cross station Theo woke Cassie up and then they all said their goodbyes before herself and Draco wondered off to find Narcissa. She was standing by the Floo fireplaces and gave them both bone crushing hugs before ushering them through the fireplace.

"ah home sweet home" Draco called as he threw his bags in the drawing room.

"Cissy where's Dobby" Cassie asked her sister.