Chapter fourteen

Since Cassiopeia had found the necklace that the dark lord had given her in her wardrobe her moods had started becoming more erratic. The smallest things were setting her off into breakdowns and the only one in the Malfoy house hold that seemed to care was Draco.

Draco could tell the signs before Cassie herself could. Her eyes were what gave her away first they'd go almost dead whilst she dissociated, then her cheeks would flush red telling him that her magic was starting to burn her from the inside. Sometimes he swore that he could see sparks coming from her fingertips being held back by the cuff that was sealed to her wrist. When she started to hyperventilate that's when he knew he had to act.

When they were home it was easier to deal with as he had gotten into the routine of running a cold bath and waiting outside whilst she got it under control. But as time went on he knew it was going to happen when they didn't have the luxury of being behind their own four walls. They were at Pansy's a week after her birthday the first time it happened outside. Both Pansy and Theo panicked and tried to take her to St Mungos, it made Draco feel proud that he was good at dealing with it and Cassie was subsequently dunked into the lake they'd ice skated on.

"What if it happens while we're at hogwarts and I can't get to you" Draco pouted as his aunt entered the room having just gotten out another cold bath.

"I'll be fine, I know the basics of what I need and we can tell Pansy what you do to help too so she can copy you if it's necessary" cassie nodded.

"I just worry about you" he sighed.

"Draco I'm older than you I can handle my self" she lied earning a raised eyebrow from her nephew.

"Come on mum says dinners ready" he shook his head and dragged her out the door.

The four of them sat at the table eating whilst Lucius droned on and on about 'blood traitors who should not be working at the ministry'. Cassie and Draco both rolled their eyes in unison and let out quiet laughs too which Lucius thought would be a good idea to send a curse over the table at his son.

"You'll have more respect for your father boy" he boasted as he went back to eating his roast beef.

"LUCIUS!" Narcissa gave her husband a demeaning look and going to comfort Draco.

"What, a father needs to strike his child when they think they can grow up too be arrogant fools" he half laughed. "Don't act like your father was any better"

To this Cassie couldn't help herself and burst out laughing in a manic way.

"And just what are you laughing at girl" Lucius set his knife and fork down.

"Narcissa was the perfect child or are you forgetting that" she leant her chin on her hand and raised her brows at her brother in law.

"Would you stop it" Narcissa stood bringing Draco with her.

"It's the truth though" cassie shrugged.

"No father should bring harm to their child" she fumed.

"Mhm, sure thing sister your definitely not just saying that because it's your son getting hurt" she rolled her eyes.

Narcissa stood in front of her son like a shield with one hand on his shoulder.

"That's enough Cassiopeia!" Narcissa warned.

"Whatever I'm going to bed" cassie flung her chair back and walked out of the room.

She knew it was wrong to pick on her sister for not protecting her from their father and it was wrong to be jealous that Draco had his mothers undying affection that she could have had if she had not killed her own mother.