Chapter seven

Narcissa couldn't wrap her head around it, her sister. Her baby sister, who she held within minutes of her being born and practically raised with the help of tutors, the house elves and horribly enough Bellatrix. She was lying covered in a hospital bed still ice cold to touch with the faint blue glow and a moving chest.

She stayed at her side, hardly leaving the uncomfortable chair in her room, reporting every imaginary movement of her body that her head had conjured up to make her feel better. All's she could feel was the guilt of leaving her there alone, she resented Lucius more than she expected. After all it was him that took her away from home. Not that she could do anything about it now as they were already married and she was about to give him a child any day now.

The day she had given birth was a gift she had been blessed with a son, as soon as he was checked over she left her own hospital room to take him to Cassie's.

"Cass meet your nephew, we named him Draco" she said as she cradled him in her arms.

"It feels like yesterday I held you like this. You nearly set your nursery on fire then too you know?" Narcissa let out a laugh of exhaustion.

"Sister I need you to come back to me, I need you. Your nephew is going to need you too. You can protect him" smiling she looked from her sisters blank expression and back at her sleeping boy.

"I should have protected you" she whispered as she drifted of in the retched chair.
———————————————————————
1982

The still air of the hospital room was helping dry up Narcissa's tears as she spoke to her still unconscious and surprisingly enough not ageing little sister.

"Bella's been sent to askaban... this war will be the undoing of our family I'm sure of it." She let out a rough sob.

"Our parents are both gone, two members of our family are in askaban, regulus died and your in this stupid coma. I only hope Andromeda is having more luck than us" she sniffled.

"She may be a blood traitor but she had the right idea running away from all of this. Oh Cassie I need you... please come back to me"

Narcissa stayed fixed with her head on the side of Cassies bed whilst she cried not caring that her hand was freezing because she was gripping ahold of the smaller hand beside her.

She different off until she was woken by her son tugging at her robes and Lucius waiting at the door with a stern look on his face. Clearly she had stayed there all night.

———————————————————————

1985

Narcissa sat in the waiting room with her son running around in front of her with a big grin on his face, she smiled sadly. She could imagine that if Cassie was awake she would have been good with him, she probably would have liked chasing round after him.

When the medi witch finally gave them the okay to go to Cassies room they were met with the two Aurors in charge of her case McKellen and Anderson. After greeting them they sat her down whilst Draco had a nap at the end of Cassies bed.

"So we know that the blue glow that is surrounding her is a personally made protection charm and looking into it we've discovered that it's protecting her from her own magic" Anderson spoke looking at parchments in his hands.

"Her own magic?" Narcissa questioned.

"The obscurial magic that was being forced down inside of her was starting to effect her she was too powerful for her age"

"What does that mean" Narcissa looked over to her sister and son both sleeping.

"Her body couldn't cope with the power, she would have probably killed herself along with your father if who ever placed that protection charm on her hadn't off"

"Mrs Malfoy do you 'member all of that darkness around hawthorn hall the night we found her, aye well that was her magic. Anything that would have been in contact with the lass would have ended up like your da" McKellen spoke.

"So it saved her?" Her eyes were watering now.

"Aye" McKellen nodded.

The second they left Narcissa started to cry quietly trying not to wake Draco.

———————————————————————

1988

"It's not healthy Narcissa, your going too much" Lucius shouted.

"She's my sister I need to be there"

"She's been in that state for eight years, I doubt she's gonna notice if you stop going 5 times a week" he spat.

"I don't care how long it's been... it's my fault she's like that in the first place I shouldn't have left her alone with him!" She was shouting now.

"So you regret it do you?!"

"I regret leaving her yes"

"So you regret marrying me, you regret your son!" His words hit a nerve and she lost it.

"That boy is the best thing to happen to me and the only good thing to come from us so don't you dare question that. He is my everything." Her voice was croaky.

"Well your going to bend over backwards for her so that makes me question it."

Neither of them had notice draco was listening from outside the room until he pushed the door open and came in.

"Mum can we go and see auntie Cassie now" he shot an angry look at his dad.

"Of course we can love let's go"

Narcissa arrived at st Mungos with Draco and let him play in the waiting room for a whilst she had a few minutes alone to talk to with staff about her sisters condition. There were no changes besides her temperature dropping the night before which happened every so often so they weren't worried.

All's Narcissa wanted was her sister back, she wished she had the strength andromeda had. If she would have left Lucius after she had gotten pregnant she would have been cast out the family but she could have took Cassiopeia with her.