Bayard

And Alice saw the bloodhound. When she saw him she yelled at him: "You turncoat! You were supposed to lead them away! The Hatter trusted you!" The bloodhound looked down to the grass and he looked in shame. Alice took his head in her hands and let him look at her. She looked worried at him and he said: "They have my wife and pups." Alice was more sad about what was going on with the bloodhound then her anger that she had for him. She said : "What's your name?" He answered very released: "Bayard" Alice looked at him and said: "Sit!" He cocks his head and looks down at her curiously. Alice said it again: "Sit!" After a few seconds the bloodhound sat and looked amused at Alice. Suddenly he remembered something and said: "Would your name be 'Alice' by any chance?" Alice said: "Yes, but I'm not that one." The bloodhound looked very confused at Alice and said: "The Hatter would not have given himself up for just any Alice." Alice looked back and said: " Where did they take him?" "To the Red Queen's castle at Salazun Grum." said Bayard. Alice saw the fair and sadness in his eyes and said with courage: "We're going to rescue him." He shaked his head and looked at Alice like it was impossible. "I don't care. He wouldn't be there if it weren't for me." "The Frabjous Day is almost upon us. You must prepare to meet the Jabberwocky." said Bayard. He wanted to walk to the White Queens castle but Alice said angrly :" I have had quite enough! Since the moment I fell down that rabbit hole, I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice and of not being Alice. But this is my dream! I'll decide how it goes from here."

Bayard said calme: " If you diverge from the path

Bayard said calme: " If you diverge from the path..."
Alice looked angry and said: "I make the path!" Bayard laughed inside and thought 'she is so commanding.' He lies down by her feeth and Alice climbed on his head and she looked at the hat and thought ' he even lost is beautiful head to rescue me so i'm going to rescue him.' Alice said: "Take me to Salazen Grum. And don't forget the Hat." Bayard took the hat in his teeth and runs to the Red Queens castle. Alice hangs onto his spike collar to keep her seat.

Bayard wades through viscous red mud with Alice on his back. He holds his head high to keep the Hat out of the mud. Bayard races across the red desert to Salazen Grum and the dark castle that sits on the tempestuous shore. The walls are high and foreboding with a surrounding moat. They approach the moat and they see large lumpish objects which appear to be the heads of the executed. They look around for a way across.

" There's only one way across." Said Bayard looking at the moat. Alice looked at the grim moat and took a deep breath for courage. " Lost my muchness have I?" She jumps onto one of the floating heads, then crosses the moat by jumping from head to head. Reaching the other side, she vomits onto the ground. She looks up at the impossibly high wall, then sees a small cracked opening near the ground...just wide enough for a six inch girl. She squeezes through it. In a moment, her head reappears. She yelled to Bayard : "Bayard! The hat!" He picks the Hat up in his teeth, turns in circles like a discus thrower and releases it. The Hat sails high across the moat and over the wall. Bayard barked his goodbye.