“Guys! That's the prince of Liyue!”

“You're right, Timmie! What's he doing here with his lover?”

“Oooo, they look good together. Do you think I can have my true love too?” the kids were having their chit chats, when the realized that the man they'd been bothering has already left. “Venti?! Hey Venti! Come back here, we still need to feed my pigeons!”

“Is there something wrong, Alatus..?” Xiao wanted to run. His legs were aching to move and go after the Mondstadt resident, but yet shaking with fear and confusion.

Why here?

Why now?

He's always wanted to hug him again, kiss him again, and cry on his warm embrace— he has always wanted to let all the pain out, but only in his arms. But now that he was here, he couldn't move at all. Just like what happened six years ago. He watches as the boy runs away from him, fading until his eyes couldn't reach him anymore, he couldn't do anything. Was this all I can do? Stare at him as he runs away from the future they've always wanted for each other.

Or, at least, the future Xiao wanted for the both of them.

Venti left because he didn't love Xiao, it isn't wrong to not run after him now. He didn't understand his feelings. He wanted to run after him, but he didn't feel the need to do so. It's like nothing ever matters anymore now that he met him again. He was angry— he was blinded.

Did he really love Venti at all?

It ran through his head. He wanted to say yes, but he was angry. Venti doesn't love him, so why? Why did he waste his six years longing for him?

And yet he still runs away from him until these days. Is that all you can do, Venti? Runaway from him? Runaway from the past, and act like nothing happened at all?

He didn't know why he suddenly felt mad when he watched the boy run away from him again, as if... As if he didn't love him at all. He was clenching his fist, daring to let out tears.

Did he love Venti? Or did he, too, only like the idea of falling in love?

They could be married by now, and living their best lives if Xiao really loved him. Xiao would find a way to find him again even if the castle restricts him to do so, and yet he didn't. Why?

He was sure he loved him.

But why isn't he going after him?

“Xiao, you're not okay. Let's go take a rest?” The prince only nods, there's nothing he could do. He still couldn't expect that he was doubting his love for Venti just because Venti ran away from him, but it's really hard. This love is so difficult. Running away from each other, letting others write their future. Xiao can't help but get angry.

“You seemed so odd earlier. You were staring at that twin-braided boy, makes me jealous! He's really cute, though. Do you think I should go and befriend him?” Xiao was hugging his legs, just staring far away, not bothering to answer her question. Suddenly, the lady looked behind her, checking the scenery that Xiao was staring at. “What's up?”

Xiao didn't want to tell her that he just saw his fucking ex-lover again, she might force them to talk or whatever shits people do to ex-lovers. Cause, hey, he didn't even want to talk to Venti.

This is really different from his self a few days ago, he always says that when he meets Venti again— he would make out with him right on spot and marry him. But this... It's so different. Why was he feeling confused? Why was he feeling angry at Venti? Why did he want to punch the face of the man he's always loved and longed for?